Melee weapon mods

[quote=“Xommers, post:19, topic:1825”]Re: Gunblade
Simply stick a bayonet on your revolver.[/quote]

Nope a bayonet is meant for piercing, not cutting with a little bash like Gun blades would do also real life gun blades existed and was used in naval warfare look up pistol swords.

so we have two probable items, Pistol Swords easier to make but limited shot and modern gun blade harder to make but packs more punch and capability of 6 shots

Take your anime style weapons elsewhere.

This is real life, those kinds of things wouldn’t be effective with modern power armor.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:22, topic:1825”]Take your anime style weapons elsewhere.

This is real life, those kinds of things wouldn’t be effective with modern power armor.[/quote]

Pistol swords are real look it up before you say they are anime style weapons as they were used in the navy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword

Also not everything in this game has modern power armor nor are wearing Power armor sets. (Punching robots kills them yeah that’s power armor for you)

Stick a goddamn bayonet on your revolver.

A blade/gun barrel combo would turn into a explosive quickly.

Your basically beating the barrel over solid bone (hard as concrete) and then firing it. It would turn into a bomb quickly.

Also obvious troll is obvious,

[quote=“gtaguy, post:24, topic:1825”]Stick a goddamn bayonet on your revolver.

A blade/gun barrel combo would turn into a explosive quickly.

Your basically beating the barrel over solid bone (hard as concrete) and then firing it. It would turn into a bomb quickly.

Also obvious troll is obvious,[/quote]

bayonets were made for longer barrel guns like rifles.
A Gun with sword function does not turn it into an explosive unless your bashing it against very hard targets (These things were designed and tested to be used on flesh targets not metal/rock monsters) also we have supper alloy anyway so your point of these weapons destroyed is null. (Also bones are not hard as concrete as a simple heavy stick can be used to break bones or how blades smashes bones easily like butcher knives)

A Gun with sword function does not turn it into an explosive unless your bashing it against very hard targets (These things were designed and tested to be used on flesh targets not metal/rock monsters) also we have supper alloy anyway so your point of these weapons destroyed is null. (Also bones are not hard as concrete as a simple heavy stick can be used to break bones or how blades smashes bones easily like butcher knives)
Flesh targets tend to leave a mess on your blade when you stab/slice them, and when you have an adjacent gun barrel that stuff gets into it pretty easily. It's incredibly dangerous to fire with a clogged barrel, and your gun would probably explode in your hands.

Moderator action: cut it with the name-calling.

Bone has the strength of steel, the fact a wooden stick can break bones has nothing to do with mass. But with force.

The way you talk makes me think you are a troll or really uneducated in such areas you deem yourself a professional in.

[quote=“PaintBucket, post:26, topic:1825”]

Flesh targets tend to leave a mess on your blade when you stab/slice them, and when you have an adjacent gun barrel that stuff gets into it pretty easily. It’s incredibly dangerous to fire with a clogged barrel, and your gun would probably explode in your hands.[/quote]

It won’t explode as long as you don’t fire it off when clogged, and pistol swords were used in naval warfare so they shoot it first then proceed to slash/stab with pistol sword/gun blade not the other way around of stabbing it in people then shooting afterwards.

Bone does not have the strength of steel or concrete as their materials are different.

While bone is essentially “brittle”, it does have a significant degree of “elasticity”, contributed chiefly by" collagen". All bones consist of living and dead cells embedded in the mineralized organic matrix that makes up the osseous tissue.

Well it isn’t going to be a single use item and if you are never going to use the blade then why have it?

Also it is the future, a lot of antiques have been lost to the ages. None of these would exist.

Quit trying to derail my thread.

So yeah just stat increases for melee weapons, I think once the framework is set for melee mods we could add better or more interesting mods later.

ALSO AGAIN STEVENON: just because they are different does not make them unequal in strength, pound for pound bone is stronger than steel. Moderator action: no name calling.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:30, topic:1825”]Well it isn’t going to be a single use item and if you are never going to use the blade then why have it?

Also it is the future, a lot of antiques have been lost to the ages. None of these would exist.

Quit trying to derail my thread.

So yeah just stat increases for melee weapons, I think once the framework is set for melee mods we could add better or more interesting mods later.

ALSO AGAIN STEVENON: just because they are different does not make them unequal in strength, pound for pound bone is stronger than steel. Fuck you, science bitch.[/quote]

Lol we have Renaissance fairs and museums anyway so those weapons would still be around even far off into the future and those weapons exist since some people are into antique weapons crafting and making them functional so even a pirate era flintlock pistol/musket is possible how much more a pistol sword/gunblade where it serves two purposes.

Yea, availability of old weapons and tools and such goes back centuries because people like to collect antique stuff, but personally I’d enjoy seeing more futuristic stuff more than ancient stuff.

A pistol sword or gunblade technically serves two purposes, but perform badly at both of them.
It works okay as a gimmick for a highly skilled character, but a newbie would be better off pistol whipping his enemies in between shots with a regular pistol, the sword attachment would just get stuck…

Yea, availability of old weapons and tools and such goes back centuries because people like to collect antique stuff, but personally I’d enjoy seeing more futuristic stuff more than ancient stuff.

A pistol sword or gunblade technically serves two purposes, but perform badly at both of them.
It works okay as a gimmick for a highly skilled character, but a newbie would be better off pistol whipping his enemies in between shots with a regular pistol, the sword attachment would just get stuck…[/quote]

good call, it’s technically a gimmick weapon for higher skilled characters, also about futuristic weapons well shock gauntlets would be good as it could work well with Shock cbm for double shocking power.

[quote=“Stevensonz, post:29, topic:1825”]Bone does not have the strength of steel or concrete as their materials are different.

While bone is essentially “brittle”, it does have a significant degree of “elasticity”, contributed chiefly by" collagen". All bones consist of living and dead cells embedded in the mineralized organic matrix that makes up the osseous tissue.[/quote]
So I found this on wikipedia:

While bone is essentially brittle, it does have a significant degree of elasticity, contributed chiefly by collagen. All bones consist of living and dead cells embedded in the mineralized organic matrix that makes up the osseous tissue.

no there is no need to re-write that text, it explains bones perfectly.
also if there will be a re-incarnate of gtagayguy that would be you as the your gtaguy.

[quote=“gtaguy”]Fuck off, I know who you are.

Goddamn pricks.[/quote]

You don’t even know me and your behavior for constantly harassing,insulting, and cussing at me is not only rude but deserving of rest from the forums for you and makes any thing you post here lack any credibility if it’s coming from you gtaguy.

gunblades
good weapons

uhh
no
not at all
What you end up with is a really heavy gun that’s difficult impossible to aim and a sword that weighs more than it needs to.
So in the quest to combine the weapons you end up with one that ruins both.

In regards to the actual OP
I think that melee weapon mods are a good idea.
New grip materials, edge sharpening, adding nails or bolts or barbed wire, all of these could make melee weapons a more interesting choice.

Saying stupid things and not expecting people to call you on them is a little bit unrealistic.

Quite.

If you wouldn’t be arguing with me and derailing my thread I would be a much more pleasant person. But since you refuse to be anything other than shit I will treat you as such.

[quote=“Stevensonz, post:21, topic:1825”][quote=“Xommers, post:19, topic:1825”]Re: Gunblade
Simply stick a bayonet on your revolver.[/quote]

Nope a bayonet is meant for piercing, not cutting with a little bash like Gun blades would do also real life gun blades existed and was used in naval warfare look up pistol swords.

so we have two probable items, Pistol Swords easier to make but limited shot and modern gun blade harder to make but packs more punch and capability of 6 shots[/quote]

There’s a very good reason we don’t stick blades on our guns anymore, they are more of a hassle than they are useful.

I don’t like the idea of sticking a sword on a pistol, I’d be fine with bayonets on rifles so I can stab anything that gets close.