Meat of [x]

It’s just a small thing that has bothered me. I’ve butchered a rat and a bear. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d be more hesitent to eat the rat meat than the bear. So I would prioritize eating the bear first.

Trouble is, all ‘meat’ is identical. So I think it’d be neat to have something similar to how there is only one ‘corpse’ but it is unique to every slain entity, except with the meat that comes off it. And it does make some degree of sense; not all meat is going to look the same. You can probably tell rat meat is rat meat and bear meat is bear meat, or that giant frog meat is giant frog meat. Zombie tainted meat is probably different than Mi-go tainted meat, ect.

It’d just be a tag on the end of the item based on what corpse it was butchered from. Ideally it’d be preserved through crafting, so you’d have a Meat (Bear) made into Meat Jerky (Bear) and can get put into Meat Soup (Bear).

It’d also be amusing for cannibals, who have a jar of meat set aside as trophies for every person they killed. Sealed jar of human flesh (Rick) would look great on the shelf next to Sealed jar of human flesh (Sandy).

Honestly when the chips are down, I don’t care what my guy eats so long as it doesn’t kill him. Hell, neither would I if I was hungry enough.

I’m all for a little more detail here and there, but when i’ve got a pantry full of stuff and I need to filter it, i’d rather have it sorted by foodgroup than species to be honest.

Yeah, various meat types could possibly create a lot of spam (hyuk hyuk hyuk) in the inventory listing. You’d have meat (bear), meat (jackrabbit), meat (cougar), etc. And then your meat jerkies (cat), soups (dog)… Also, meat, being perishable, already creates some listing spam as it’s in various states of freshness.

Don’t get me wrong, it bothers me too that all meat is considered the same but I just can’t really come up with any elegant solution that would enrich the gameplay and not potentially spam the inventory.

Inventory has been in need of an overhaul to allow containers within containers. Obviously that’s a ridiculously big task and hasn’t been tackled yet.

I feel like with our current inventory, this idea would make too much damn clutter. With a future inventory where I can have nested item groups in their own containers? Hell yeah, gimme twenty kinds of animal meats to snack on!

[quote=“Wally-kun, post:1, topic:10300”]It’s just a small thing that has bothered me. I’ve butchered a rat and a bear. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d be more hesitent to eat the rat meat than the bear. So I would prioritize eating the bear first.

Trouble is, all ‘meat’ is identical. So I think it’d be neat to have something similar to how there is only one ‘corpse’ but it is unique to every slain entity, except with the meat that comes off it. And it does make some degree of sense; not all meat is going to look the same. You can probably tell rat meat is rat meat and bear meat is bear meat, or that giant frog meat is giant frog meat. Zombie tainted meat is probably different than Mi-go tainted meat, ect.

It’d just be a tag on the end of the item based on what corpse it was butchered from. Ideally it’d be preserved through crafting, so you’d have a Meat (Bear) made into Meat Jerky (Bear) and can get put into Meat Soup (Bear).

It’d also be amusing for cannibals, who have a jar of meat set aside as trophies for every person they killed. Sealed jar of human flesh (Rick) would look great on the shelf next to Sealed jar of human flesh (Sandy).[/quote]

at first
in the world of cataclysm with food not especially densely. also give My God to us never it to check. it is sure - you will be glad to ANY meat. and that you here whims part that is is called “someone became too choosy” - as rat meat for meat doesn’t consider any more :slight_smile:
it is sure - all that meat is a MEAT. of course except meat of the zombie and other inedible creatures.

hmm by the way
at second:
and I would think of that what recipe to spread out goo which the zombie’s meat is impregnated. can be by means of heating to extract slime from pieces of the poisoned meat? to impregnate with special structure - as that how to pickle. and that - can be to make marinated meat of the zombie (I about the zombie dogs and other zombies animals but not people, I am not a cannibal and never I take such mutation) edible as acid for certain will work razlagayushche (spread out) on goo.
against chemistry it is necessary to fight with chemistry. :slight_smile:

and - at first:
after all goo is also that substance which does of the dead person of the zombie. and by the way in principle - it is advisable to make so if the goo finds a dead body of the person - he has to make of it the zombie with those properties what there was a person.

I’d like to note that AFAIK we actually do track what type of animal meat comes from, we just don’t display it anywhere normally. IIRC if you have like the carnivore mutation, or scent vision then you can see what type of animal a given meat comes from.

I can confirm that. If you view the information on meat wuith certain mutations it says: It smells like x meat.

Heres an image showing this in the latest experimental: