Manhacks

hordes are an overrated threat. and not nearly as auto-tracky and instant as in the stable; if you arent in a city when you make noise

you didnt ring a dinner bell you rang a shopping gong

point blank pistol should work better than shotgun agaist manhack

I find that there’s not that much of a difference when it’s point blank.

Unskilled characters still miss like, once in a blue moon up close, but even a graze’ll do it, and I’ve emptied a whole mag into a few enemies up close with a guy at 0 gun skill and still hit them with every shot.

and shotguns are louder so pistol is better

Use a gun. A single manhack can often outdodge you and kill you, but with even a weak pistol you can drop dozens of manhacks no problem.

I hate the ‘only gun works’ solution for manhacks.

I died several times to running into manhacks. Once while running back to base (I had a m4a1 there) with the manhacks that followed me just cutting me to shreds.

But yeah apparantly im a bad player. :smiley:

Nope. Manhacks are literally designed to hack men. Suprise.

Thats their job. To shred unarmored rebel flesh. To flush out the poorly equipped and annoy everyone else. If you have to make noise to kill them its better for the cops manhacks faction because they can hear you.

Y’know one thing I’ve never tried to do, like ever?

Try using a Manhack against some Manhacks.

Get some Manhack on Manhack action in the Cataclysm

Had a test game open so I just tried:

Works very well.

I just obliterated a swarm of them while raiding a lab. But I have an awl pike and survivor gear and relatively decent melee skills.

My early game way of dealing with them has always been to hope I hit them while kiting them around a bush or fence. Or run the fuck away.

yea. Manhacks are hit_and_run mobs.

when you cant beat them stand in a doorway or just behind it. let them hit you and when they retreat close said door

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:26, topic:12156”]I hate the ‘only gun works’ solution for manhacks.

I died several times to running into manhacks. Once while running back to base (I had a m4a1 there) with the manhacks that followed me just cutting me to shreds.

But yeah apparantly im a bad player. :D[/quote]

My only gripe is how much stronger Manhacks are than zombies. It’s disconcerting. I can get hit by a zombie five or six times and get pain 7 or 8 unless they bite. Cut by a lone manhack three times and I’m at pain 40+. I always thought of DDA manhacks as Half-Life manhacks, which they basically are. Light anti-riot tools used to flush people out and suppress crowds, not combative killing machines.

[quote=“Necrosia, post:32, topic:12156”][quote=“Soyweiser, post:26, topic:12156”]I hate the ‘only gun works’ solution for manhacks.

But yeah apparantly im a bad player. :D[/quote]

My only gripe is how much stronger Manhacks are than zombies. It’s disconcerting. I can get hit by a zombie five or six times and get pain 7 or 8 unless they bite. Cut by a lone manhack three times and I’m at pain 40+. I always thought of DDA manhacks as Half-Life manhacks, which they basically are. Light anti-riot tools used to flush people out and suppress crowds, not combative killing machines.[/quote]

I always viewed them as more of the Phantasm style: Absolutely lethal killing machines. If all else fails you can throw things at them.

Zombies just hit you (if not bite) and Manhacks cut you which is more damaging attack. Sound logical to me. I like manhacks the way they are. And a chance of obtaining one from scientists is a thrill which sometimes worh it. One manhack can obliterate a lot of Zeds I think (just not the shocker ones).

Do manhacks drop combat knives or blade?

Combat knives

Im not really sure why tbh. Perhap its time we updated their death drops?

Pain scales a little too quickly I think, but it’s easily cheese-able with poppy painkiller.

I also hate how throwing things at point blank is a better option with high dexterity than proper melee in the early game.

I agree with this. Blades should be dropped instead.

I agree with this. Blades should be dropped instead.[/quote]

Yeah, they’re basically just little flying lawnmowers. Makes sense to me that they’d have blades instead of having a K-BAR welded in there somehow.