M037 and fire

goo and fire.

why goo stops working within zombies, who died in the fire?

if you kill the zombie with fire - they are not raised.
Does this mean that goo “burns”? but then the zombie-meat becomes potentially edible without poisoning.
but this does not happen. zombie-meat same poison. and goo’s who died in the fire - is not burned to nothing.
I read the Bible on the game but - there it is not said about the attitude M037 to the fire - that this happens to her when it is heat treated.
very strange that scientists did not occur to check the temperature at which M037 is destroyed.

OR Maybe I missed something in mind? some small fact?

but we know facts = burned fungaloid - not rise, as burned triffid not rise and burned zombie - not rise - too.
fire is kill M037?

what will did if i trow piece of goo into lava?
ok. “do - not talk” ok. i will go and see. :slight_smile:

heh. piece of goo trowed to lava - unkind to nothing - i thing it’s burned, vaporized.
in the game physics - we HAVE absolute weapon versus M037 aka goo aka zombieficator-compound.

but - I do not want to eat the flesh of zombies, even after cleaning (for internal moral restrictions, because zombies are humans too).
but meat of zombie animals - I would easily able to use, after cleaning, if the game would have given it to me to eat without me to be poisoned.

and at the same time, going back to the old theme:
whether it is possible or to make dishes from human flesh had been removed from the main base composition of prescription books?

For, just for ethical reasons the game is not inserted into the administration of natural physiological needs, although they would have added a certain spice to the gameplay that I once wrote, the more so that the card odors in the game there, then why in the game by default in recipes there cannibalism ?
and recipes there, although I do not choose the properties list "cannibal"
Who wants to eat human flesh - even teaches a book “about the good food, too”

for example, you can create a player’s woman, and pregnant with the corresponding result. and get offspring.
which is also reflected in the game.

but why not start a family but can eat human flesh?
Why not stain clothing (pants, not only because the mutations are different) as a result of an unsuccessful selection of food, but of human flesh dishes immediately after character generation - more than enough?

Burned zeds don’t rez not because they’re clean but because they’re too damaged to rez.
They are still poisonous.

I remember back in version 0.A I burned Zed’s alive using molotovs but they still revived.
Guess it’s changed now, thankfully.

As Coolthulu said, the Goo cannot revive zeds if the body is to damaged to work. That’s why you either pulp them into a bloody mess, cut them up into pieces, or burn them - one can assume that burning them means that most of their flesh and even their bones will be damaged, properly to some extend that they cannot move anymore, even if the Goo would try.

hmm…
shit!
:slight_smile:
but what with goo what i threw to lava? - this thing must be floated on top of the lava.
or lava is a unltimate-and-absolute-weapon-which-not-granted-for-human?
is goo is drown or is it burn - itself as is.

Lava acts ingame a bit like a bottomless pit for items. Throw items on a lava tile and they’re gone for good. Creatures on the other hand can walk over lava.

DF FTW!

[quote=“Lesseps, post:8, topic:12086”]

DF FTW![/quote]

Case in point. Lava is the blood of armok, only dwarves might use it as weapon. Or to decorate their gigantig Mug-Memorial. Or to flood their own fortress…In any case, if there’s magma, there’s !!fun!!

ok.

pity, what i’m not a dwarf.
lava axe - what may be better?

To: Junior researcher vivat
Re: Fire on XE037 - Revivication related to damage to bodies

There was research [1] done about why the infestation worked less effective on smaller beings:

We have even more distressing news than the widespread XE037 contamination, there are reports of the XE037 mutating into various new variants. See data files on XE037a - XE037f. Research on the effects of these variants is ongoing. We do know that XE037d shows signs of PE062 immunity, and XE037b can revive various breeds of canines. However, revival is not as guaranteed as standard XE037 humanoid infection. Canine body size seems to influence the chances. See experiment tXE037b_c.

This also prevented small dogs from reviving. (no zombie Chihuahua’s. We tested it [2]).

Later we even discovered [3] that:

The primary factory in determining revivification of mammalian subjects
seems to be the amount of XE037 within the body at time of expiration. Smaller
mammals such as lab rats do not obtain this critical mass of XE037 before
going dormant. Larger canine subjects, however, do.

Making the link between size/amount of XE037 even more clear (See appendix A, for suggestions regarding further research on this subject).

And then further research [4] showed some possible situations in which the previous findings could be negated. It was possible for rats to be affected by XE037, in specific cases. (See appendix B for the updated guidelines for storage of XE037 samples and test subjects).

[spoiler]
[i]Attempts to surpass the XE037 mammalian stasis limit have had some success.
Direct subcutaneous injection of XE037 quickly spreads through the body, and
while it immediately enters stasis after equalizing, it remains in the body.

There has been an incident in Lab 24, 2 casualties reported, one lethal.
A rat involved in the stasis breaking project was hooked to a monitoring
machine and left over night. Upon opening the cage, Simon Bellevue was
electrocuted, and another researcher at the opposite end of the lab sustained
severe current burns, despite never approaching the cage.

A post mortem on the rat involved in the electrocution incident has
revealed several changes to it’s internal anatomy centered around it’s
connection with the monitoring device, and large buildups of XE037 were
detected around the connection point.

There is a belief several other rat subjects experienced changes overnight
as well. This hypothesis was informed when an inventory check after the
incident found almost twenty rats had gone missing from their cages overnight.
[/i][/spoiler]

But only in specific cases [5]. So, in most cases you should not be worried that a hand your cut off a test subject experiences revivification (Also see [6],[7]). This same process is probably also why severe damage to the pre-mortem infected test subjects (by for example blunt force trauma [8],[9], cutting [8], fire [10],[11],[12], and various implosions and explosions [12],[13]) prevented revivification.

So far our best bets for the removal of the XE037 infection is the usage of PE062 on key personnel pre-mortem. With isolation to check for XE037d variants [14] (and immolation in the case of XE037d infestation). Further research into 4th dimensional transpositions [15],[16] (taking appendix C considerations into account). And large scale brute force trauma on post-mortem subjects (see appendix D for suggestions of Rivtech weapon variants for use in large scale operations).

Bibliography

D-NOTICE FILED - DATA EXPUNGED - ACCESS DENIED - ILLEGAL ACCESS LOGGED

Appendices

D-NOTICE FILED - DATA EXPUNGED - ACCESS DENIED - REPEATED ILLEGAL ACCESS LOGGED - NDA BREACH DETECTED - TERMINATION IMMINENT

Good stuff Soyweiser!
That reminds me, more SCP-style writings would be a welcome addition to lab settings.

Awww, I wanted zombie chihuahuas. Imagine a horde of it, sitting around your home/car and barking up a storm and basically calling tons of other zombies to your location. Of course they would probably do little more damage than black rats, but they could basically act as an animal-Shrieker…

To: Archiver soyweiser
Re:Re: Fire on XE037 - Revivication relatd to damage to bodies

Junior Researcher Vivat forgot his laptop in the Laboratory again, still logged in into his Email Account - If you happen to see him in the near future, tell him he can collect it at the Barracks, as usual. On another note, I couldn’t resist and had to skim through your Email.No Zombie Chihuahuas? Really?
Come on, you guys will find a way to make it happen, right? You always make stuff happen.

[quote=“Kadian, post:13, topic:12086”]Awww, I wanted zombie chihuahuas. Imagine a horde of it, sitting around your home/car and barking up a storm and basically calling tons of other zombies to your location. Of course they would probably do little more damage than black rats, but they could basically act as an animal-Shrieker…

To: Archiver soyweiser
Re:Re: Fire on XE037 - Revivication relatd to damage to bodies

Junior Researcher Vivat forgot his laptop in the Laboratory again, still logged in into his Email Account - If you happen to see him in the near future, tell him he can collect it at the Barracks, as usual. On another note, I couldn’t resist and had to skim through your Email.No Zombie Chihuahuas? Really?
Come on, you guys will find a way to make it happen, right? You always make stuff happen.[/quote]

yep. you may have zombi-chih but at first you need mutate them for pump volume to him. without sufficient liquid volume zombification can not be successful.
it is in nature - hardly programmated order
size of mini-dogs not may be less then particular size. why?
retina - built of “rods” and “cones” - light-sensitive cells that have uniform sizes for all dog sizes. in terms of nature irrationally reinvent for each substance is in the same environment - a new principle of an eye operation. You agree?
hence - eye may not be less than a certain size. because the eye is not able to be sufficiently wide aperture and a sufficient resolution.
is not it?
the dog is less than - in proportion should be less than the eye. You can create a dog and less - but the dog will be either blind or her eyes are incredibly large and the dog begins to suffer the disease, a sick dog breed “miniature bull terrier” - namely, a dislocated lens.
everything in nature is interconnected - you can not do dog “more than” and you can not do dog “less than”.
If the dog will be more - it will have to suffer the joints. if less - will suffer the eyes and even the brain.
or you need to change dog at all - to other creature with absolutelly other inside order.

To: Junior researcher vivat
Re:Re:Re: Fire on XE037 - Revivication related to damage to bodies

• PGP 4096 Key accepted. Content decrypted - Note: do not spread unencrypted that was previously encrypted. Report any violations to security *

Everything in nature is connected? Vivat? Are you a member of the Gaia hypothesis cult? I would not publicly share that information here. You know how security reacts to any signs of insurgence. Especially after what happened the last few weeks. Sadly they are even blaming the loss of the lab that few months ago on ‘eco-terrorism’.

We both know it was NOT eco-terrorism. It was due to the 4th dimensional research. I know. I wrote part of the research. I’m just happy I wasn’t in the lab that day. I saw the video’s of the shivering gargantuan horror we created. Or perhaps that we let in. I’m not sure. I’m just sorry so many people lost their lives. My only hope is that they got eaten, and not are still alive in there. Somewhere.

But yeah, like I said, try to keep your political affiliations to yourself. We all know I was demoted for publicly speaking out against 4th dimensional research. And that was before all went to shit. I have a suspicion several of the researchers that have been ‘infected’ with the XE037d variant were not infected at all. It just was an excuse to get rid of the more vocal dissidents. And people being accused of being Chinese spies, laughable. All a coverup because we fucked up. We fucked up.

Kadian has been going through your files again. Be careful, and lock your laptop next time.

• End of encrypted data *

So, I hope this encrypted data helps you with your research Vivat.

I heard from Corporal Kadian, Division L-037B, that he found your laptop open and still logged in again. This behavior is just unacceptable. What if a Chinese spy, found your laptop, stole your encryption keys? They would get most of our research data. This would greatly help them with their invasion. And fighting the invasion and XE037 at the same time is already hard enough. What would happen if they weaponized it?

Breaking character here for a moment. Feel free to use any of these in-character like emails ingame. You can consider them public domain (at least the parts I wrote, and not the stuff I copied from cdda/other posts). (I have no idea under which license stuff on the forums is released. So I think me saying it here explicitly is best).

I was wondering if we could add more lab usb sticks/memory sticks with stories you could read off them using the ink reader. That would give us a nice way to distribute more lore around. Now somebody needs to write an “Somebody please find the chinese spies who keep spreading around emails on usb sticks”- email.

And everything is fictional. Of course. If you think im making a reference to something inside the CDDA community, I’m probably not making that ref. But ask if you think so, so I can confirm deny. (I try to make only references to pieces of lore).

(I also want to write an email about 'puring the works of lovecraft, to make it clear our lovecraftian monsters are not a 100% match with the mythos. (so hopefully nobody implements cthulu (it is boring and overdone. There are so much more interesting monsters)). And one to explain a bit why the cyborgs with human heads are crazy. (Coding error, the ‘please make me a cyborg after death’ clause of the employee registration boolean got flipped. The difference between != and == :wink: ).

To: Corporal Kadian, Division L-037B
Re:Re:Re: Fire on XE037 - Revivication related to damage to bodies

Come on, you guys will find a way to make it happen, right? You always make stuff happen.

Well, as you know, I have been demoted from researcher to archiver. So technically, I cannot do any research anymore. Practically, with the labs on lockdown, and the XE037d infection running rampant among the younger researchers. I’ll have to do some more research. But I will have to warn you, (again) our focus is on stopping and or fighting the invasion, of the Chinese, XE037, and the fourth dimensional terrors we unleashed. Our focus is NOT on the creation of XE037 variants of pets.

And please, don’t call them Zombies. Or call the fourth dimensional by their informal ‘lovecraftian’ names. The ‘migo’ will not put your brain in a jar. They will kill you, and build a nest out of your corpse. We tested it, they have the same intelligence of a parrot. They are NOT the same as the lovecraftian beings. We already had to purge the works of Lovecraft from our databases as researchers were taking fiction as fact. With deadly results.

Just imagine what happens if the infection gets called zombies on the outside. People would go for destroying the brain, and suddenly XE037 mutates in some sort of frost giant variant, catching people totally off guard. The XE037 infection is something new. Just calling it a zombie is dangerous. XE037 is so much more than just a zombie virus. If you have the correct clearance you should read our most recent research on XE037 : [1]. If the XE037 stuff wasn’t so hostile, it would have been the most exciting find in ages.

Heh, at least we know there is other life in the multiverse now. Lucky us… Whoop tie doo…

Bibliography

D-NOTICE FILED - DATA EXPUNGED - ACCESS DENIED - ILLEGAL ACCESS LOGGED

Zihuahuas is perhaps the most terrifying thing I think I’ve heard of since the Zoose was released. Please stop giving the dev team ideas like that.

Nnnaa-a! zhihua have in their body inadequate volume for critical mass of XE037.
or, if XE037 can mutate for that purpose - we need in game some, what early been imbalance thing.
for example RC-car whith control of air-drone whuch can programmate the timer of bomb and drop bomb function.

no. we no need zhihua! not! nein! njet!