Lighting your base

How do you usualy set up lighting in your home base?

I havent figured out a good way to light up My base yeat i try and settle in a public work as i like the layout of the building.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5917.0

Essentially, knock down one square of wall, build a “vehicle” that extends through that hole, with solar panels on the outside and fridges, lights, welders and other good stuff on the inside.

Wood stoves provide a safe source of indoor firelight and are fairly easy to craft.

If I have a stationary base, then I have a “vehicle” with a nice bank of solar panels and batteries extending indoors. Add floodlight and that’s it, all the light you’ll ever need.

Build a

Build a generator.

[quote=“HeadWar, post:2, topic:5704”]http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5917.0

Essentially, knock down one square of wall, build a “vehicle” that extends through that hole, with solar panels on the outside and fridges, lights, welders and other good stuff on the inside.[/quote]

That’s a great idea.

I do this:

[quote=“Chiko, post:14, topic:5353”]Why not just doing this. Break a wall or door and then build the “vehicle” between outside and the building. Something like this:

Ouside

#####

======+======
&*&

Building

= Wall.

• Opaque Door.

Solar Panel.

• Controls and Floodlight.
    & Powered crafting stations and Battery/Water storage.

The door in there is unnecessary and you could just replace it with a vehicle wall. It works pretty well this way and you can just expand with more stuff if needed.[/quote]
You can also build the “vehicle” in between a window frame too.

Thanks for reminding me, Chiko. A portable generator is more portable, but I might slap a solar panel or two on it so that I don’t have to find gas.

WARNING!

Be sure to place turrets nearby or zombie hordes/zombears
                                                                                                    WILL
                                                                                                    MESS
                                                                                                    YOU
                                                                                                     UP