Latest experimental features

Hehe, finding a book on lucid dreaming and then having a lucid dream or two would be neat.
From what I can tell, dreams show up whenever you’ve started mutating.

[quote=“Slax, post:121, topic:5582”]Hehe, finding a book on lucid dreaming and then having a lucid dream or two would be neat.
From what I can tell, dreams show up whenever you’ve started mutating.[/quote]

Correct. That’s how you know your leading mutation-category and roughly how strong it is.

And as a matter of fact, there was a change not too long ago: I wrote up a fourth stage for after you’ve breached the threshold.

Something I found interesting was a cigarette butt. Haven’t actually tried it yet but apparently you can take a couple of them with some rolling papers and make ANOTHER cigarette. It’s the little things.
I’m liking the new (to me) build.

Half the capacity, yeah. I’m from Pennsylvania and the Zippo museum/plant is in Bradford, so I’m irrationally fond of 'em. :wink:

(How can you not love the guarantee? Send 'em your nonfunctioning Zippo and they’ll repair or replace. No matter what happened to it. Examples: ran over by airplane, chewed up by cocker spaniel, “it got mixed in with a 10,000 ton press and will no longer serve me efficiently”.)[/quote]

Wait, they do that?

That’s the best irl feature I have discovered! …I should play cata again, now that my life is a bit closer to normal again. Last I recall, cigarettes actually stayed lit in my mouth and left tasty harmless smoke. I’d been wondering if they make me easier to spot in the dead of night, but I’ve also not been able to run around in CATA enough to really know!

i didn’t really know where else to ask about this, but is there any rough eta on the week of release of the new version?

We’re burning down the the list of bugs, I’d estimate 3-4 weeks from now.

Are saves going to be compatible?

yes.

Woo I am excited!

Not just Shower Victim, any profession can choose between spawning in a random house or a evac shelter.

Hype for holster mechanics because i have no life. Could this be the first signs of backpacks acting like containers so i can have different kits in different bags and leave stashes easily?

Whoops, removed my comment before I seen yours. Pretty sweet option I didn’t know was there.

Heh. It’s brings some memories.
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=74.0

nice to see the game going in the right (im my point of view) direction! :slight_smile: Maybe ammo magazines/belts/whatever and proper reload mechanics will be added some day too?

Hey, Efimero’s weather overhaul just landed!

Highlights:
Temperatures suitable for New England weather (be aware! March can get below freezing at night, so prioritize warm sleeping gear!)
Weather that ought to fit atmospheric noise-patterns, so it’s vaguely predictable
Funnel rework, so they ought to gather rain properly

Side effects:
Acid precip removed for the time being. It’ll be back, but based on locale (worse the closer you get to portals, etc) rather than global.

Obviously, we’d love to hear feedback from longer-running games on this one. We the devs can only test so long, so as spring turns to summer, and summer to autumn, let us know what you think!

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:126, topic:5582”]We’re burning down the the list of bugs, I’d estimate 3-4 weeks from now.[/quote] Can you post here when in 3-4 days before release. I am working on debian packaging and it’s on half-way. Right now i am too busy for coding. but i really really really want finish that before release.

Glad to hear it, that’s cool enough that I’ll delay the release until it’s done if necessary.

I most certainly approve of the reworked weather. The first day found me frantically developing my tailoring skill before the night’s chill consumed me. Marvelous!

I love the idea of otherworldly features being the loci to strange weather. Perhaps fungal spires could host sporefalls at some point; have your respirators ready (particularly if you happen to be asthmatic)!

This should likely belong in a request thread, but it just occurred to me. How does CDC warning posters strike people? They could act like fliers, requiring examination to read the specifics. Some would be whole, while some could be vandalized. Perhaps they could even give some good advice occasionally, like dealing with parasites or teaching a minor recipe. There could be an NPC quest that involves finding undamaged examples for a collector.

My apologies for that tangent.

Wait soooo O.A non experimental saves will be compatible with the new release or experimental saves will be? Sorry for my noobish curiosity

Experimentals almost certainly will be, stable 0.A probably will. We do our best to preserve compatibility. If we break compatibility, we’ll let people know about it.

Latest cool feature, surgically remove a zombie’s ability to attack you while it’s downed, then when it revives it follows you around, but can’t attack. Throw a backpack on that sucker.