Laser guide on the rocket launcher?

Anyone who play half life should know what I’m saying, since the rocket launcher has a long range, I think mabye we need something to keep rocket stay on the line

so, I think mabye the laser guide gun part that can install on the launcher should do the trick, because rocket was such rarely ammunition, and heavy weapon was my favorite stuff,

I need the rocket can actually hit something, but we do know there is no way someone can firing the rocket and hit target on such long range, so I think mabye the laser guide should be able to help with that…

The best way to implement this is to create a new type of launcher that uses this technology and requires a ups to power the guiding system. This launcher would have superb accuracy.

Unlikely… because the rocket launcher on this game was very rare weapon, so far I only found it on the outpost… sometime I got lucky found it on the group death body… not even the bunker can found one… not to mention the rocket ammuntion, if only I can build rocket my self…

The thing is that laser guided systems are embedded onto a launcher as far as I know, they can’t simply be installed. The only way to make it install compatible would be to make this rocket launcher craft able.

or to make it so you craft mod the launcher and craft/mod the ammo for it.

Glue a manhack to a rocket?

The answer is a T.O.W missile. Wire guidance is close enough.

plus no Jamming!
Well… its not like anything is going to TRY after the apocalypse not really anything left with the knowhow/ ability to jam missile guidance

You obviously haven’t met Mr. Eyebot or Mrs. Nagbot, I mean Secubot.

Oh I have. Luckily they are not military grade enough to jam laser rockets. They just really really want to.

You hear a whoop-whoop! to the north-east.
You see a SecuBot to the north-east
You hear “Stop having fun perp!” from the north-east.
You hear “Put down the entertaining rocket launcher perp!” from the north-east.
You are Stunned!
Secubot has tazed you!
Secu bot fires it’s 9MM Submachine gun.
Your L. Leg is hurt!
You hear “Get a job and move out of our basement, your father has given up trying to help you succeed in life and I just don’t know if you’re ever going to find the right girl if you continue like this!” from the north-east.

Really commit suicide? Y/N

… couple things.
1.don’t think they have 9mm.
2.they are not your mother
3. you wana talk about it? I mean you ok and everything? Also suicide is never the (correct) answer.
4. They are not anti fun bots. they are cop bots.

Lol well firstly that was a crack at basement 20something year olds;
I’m married, have a house, a son, pets, and plenty of real life guns to entertain myself not including reversing the barrel.
Secondly, they do in fact have SMGs, you’re thinking of a Copbot.
Thirdly, come on man, don’t kill the joke with technicalities.

Other video games are a terrible source of information about weapons. laser-guided munitions aren’t useful at the ranges we deal with in dda.

To expand on this, since this is a much smarter way of explaining away laser guidance, a fuel-powered projectile is moving at very fast speeds, granted not sound-barrier breaking, but still too fast to simply snake around like, well a snake, and impact a target WITHIN 100 meters when your target is more than a 50 meter correction. Even Half-Life had it Somewhat correct; Ever notice how you had to exaggerate swinging the laser out wide if you missed the target in order to correct the path? Adjustments on a projectile in reality of that nature aren’t magic. Though take a look at this and maybe someday they will be:

COOL!

[quote=“Karicter, post:15, topic:10680”]Adjustments on a projectile in reality of that nature aren’t magic. Though take a look at this and maybe someday they will be:
http://www.iflscience.com/technology/darpa-has-created-self-guided-mid-flight-changing-bullets[/quote]
That’s cool, but it’s the same fin-corrected flight path, just with a ballistic projectile instead of a rocket-propelled one, the ranges at which it makes sense to do it are similar, i.e. many times the maximum firing distance in DDA.