Lack of Streamers of Cataclysm DDA on Twitch

Hey guys,

I use Twitch to watch streams of competitive Super Smash Bros Melee and a few other games, and occasionally I will check to see if anyone’s streaming gameplay of Cataclysm. The truth is that people rarely are, but I’ve actually really appreciated it every time I’ve seen someone playing, and it’s been interesting to talk to them in the chat about the game while they were playing.

I don’t know if the reason for so few people streaming this game is simply the lack of numbers in the community itself, or the fact that a lot of our members might not have the equipment to stream gameplay of it. I would be willing to stream my gameplay of it, but I don’t think that my computer is powerful enough to do so, since I just use a laptop to play Cataclysm and it sometimes has trouble running correctly.

More specifically, I would like to know the Twitch username for anyone from this community who streams gameplay so that I can follow them on Twitch and watch when they play the game. If any of you reading this stream gameplay ever or have the capacity to, please give me your username so I can follow you and watch your gameplay.

I mainly record for Youtube instead of stream on Twitch since I’m Australian so there’s usually only about 2 people on who can actually watch a stream…

I do have a Twitch though, that’s used whenever someone actually expresses interest in it…

Both are the same name as here.

I am steaming on Twitch! I am using the new NPC trust to get all the NPCs to trust me so I can fill em full of serum, and make a mutant zoo in a lab challenge. Multi pool.

Come check it out, and follow.

[quote=“SerBeardian, post:2, topic:11627”]I mainly record for Youtube instead of stream on Twitch since I’m Australian so there’s usually only about 2 people on who can actually watch a stream…

I do have a Twitch though, that’s used whenever someone actually expresses interest in it…

Both are the same name as here.[/quote]
Alright, cool, I will definitely check out your youtube channel.

But the other purpose of me posting this was to try to encourage people to start streaming.

I will definitely follow you on twitch and be notified of when you go live, so I can watch and post in the chat, if I’m awake, which may be the case depending on when you play because of my sleeping schedule. Again, I would encourage you to try it a few more times and see if anyone besides myself watches. If not, I would enjoy watching your stream and participating in the chat.

So it doesn’t stream well for players that don’t use tiles. A lot of players with experimental don’t use tiles. That doesn’t come across as very viewer friendly. They would get like 10 viewers, and probably 5 of them are trolls, which takes away from the experience.

So it doesn't stream well for players that don't use tiles. A lot of players with experimental don't use tiles. That doesn't come across as very viewer friendly. They would get like 10 viewers, and probably 5 of them are trolls, which takes away from the experience.

Filthy casuals can’t into ASCII 3:>

But seriously, how can you watch it? It’s so boring in 99% of cases just because the only one who experiences the whole fun is the player himself. Not just that, it also shows mostly trivial moments. I just can’t sit through any of these streams, they are just monotonous. There must be something to make up for that otherwise I don’t see them getting popular even slightly.

Yeah, I can watch about 2 minutes of someone else play C:DDA before it just makes me want to play my own character.

Watching someone smoke meth and read a chemistry textbook doesn’t seem as fun as smoking meth and reading a chemistry textbook yourself. It’s something to think of though. If I decide to do this I’ll post a username.

Yea, this game would be better suited to either a narrated YouTube let’s play, or a Machinima style movie. Just watching the game being played in ASCII would get boring pretty quickly.

Well, it seems a new streamer with no friends who opens even a ascii version of CDDA gets about a hundred viewers. People apparently want to watch people play video games, even without graphics. I don’t get it either.

I, of course, use a bleeding edge version of my tileset and soundpacks.

I don’t get it myself, but I don’t watch much TV either, and different strokes for different folks. I would generally rather play a game myself than watch someone else play it. I view vids to check games out as potential purchases or to play, but once they look good enough to play, I go play them!

The best youtubers/streamers tend to talk nonstop while playing and a game like CDDA takes many hours for one run so IMO it’s less ideal for streaming - it’d take many days to really get anywhere. /shrug

When I do watch, I prefer youtube anyways. The streaming thing doesn’t do anything extra for me.

Hey there. I stream Nightly 11pm to 2-4am. Feel free to stop by. I’m pretty moded up but keep things pretty straightforward besides. Hope to see there.