What are your favorite let's plays?

Cataclysm’s system requirements are apparently too high for my computer, So i guess i will just watch let’s plays instead.

What’s your favorite?

Cataclysm has system requirements?! Holy crap…

Well, that being what it is (and I’m sorry your computer is apparently pre-historic and/or a calculator), I’ll point you in the direction of Aavak. I stumbled across him whilst searching for more information about this game… and I’ve been listening to him play in the background whilst I play ever since.

[quote=“TheStoryteller, post:2, topic:8894”]Cataclysm has system requirements?! Holy crap…

Well, that being what it is (and I’m sorry your computer is apparently pre-historic and/or a calculator), I’ll point you in the direction of Aavak. I stumbled across him whilst searching for more information about this game… and I’ve been listening to him play in the background whilst I play ever since.[/quote]

Thanks. I’m actually already watching him!

Also, I’m not sure that the system requirements are the problem honestly, It’s just that i cannot start the game with tiles, I can only start the game with terminal, And i have no desire to play the game in terminal mode.

Aha! Good, good… everyone should watch a little Aavak in the morning. Preferably with a nice refreshing herbal tea. Maybe a bagel.

As for your problem… ouch. I definitely don’t think I could handle playing in terminal either. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I comes along to help out… but in the meanwhile, enjoy the greatness that is Dapper McJester and Isdar, Handsome Friend to Animals and Devourer of Human Flesh.

I’m quite fond of Broke Gamer’s playthroughs myself, he’s got a really chill voice! (I found him through the forums in fact, he’d posted some tutorial videos a while back and I believe he’s still active around here somewhere)

I also do the occasional Cataclysm LP now and again, except I’m not-so-great at it. But I have a MothChaz sprite now so there’s a little additional flavour to it when I do get back to it. I plan on streaming it when BT does get my fibre internet set up (I was hoping that’d be last month but you know how it is with these broadband providers).

I’ll need to check out Aavak’s stuff, though!

Aavak’s first play had some poignant moments. Out of nowhere he gets poetic about Jester’s broken monocle; classic entertainment.

Same for Broke Gamer for me. Found someone who played DF and CDDA and never left.

Jefmajor introduced me to CDDA. He’s got a fun uncaring style and a recent somewhat successful play.

Das24680 does some great art cards. For something really impressive watch his collaborative dwarf fortress let’s play. It ends too soon, but that final drawing is epic. Don’t spoil it for yourself.

Zemalf has two playlists and he’s got a fun accent.

If you want to find people check out the topic here or when you search change the filter to sort by > upload date. Lots of folks making CDDA LPs and there’s gems out there. Give one with low views a chance and you might find someone with a voice or commentary you like.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Topic [sup]yes I am the one subscriber :)[/sup]

Plus http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=196.0

You are the only subscriber… That makes me sad for some reason. That is a nice channel, Thankyou

I too will second Aavak, and also Zemalf. I’ve also watched Broke Gamer. For non Cataclysm content there’s “The Mighty Jingles”, he does great War Thunder and World of Tanks content. Chaz did I sub to your channel yet? and Finally there’s me, I have my own channel, I have some Dwarf Fortress and some Cataclysm on there, amongst other let’s plays. I’m not as good as Aavak and Zemalf tho, but I do try to take inspiration from them and they are the ones that inspired me to start my own channel.

FrAvatar, You are using the graphics pack i like to see, I’ve been watching your videos for an hour now, Will probably watch them till i go to bed… Can you link me to your favorite videos of yourself? Something in the last couple months though.

I’m currently watching your Twitch stream vids posted to youtube, One thing i’ve noticed is that you don’t talk as much as other streamers, that’s just my feedback

Watch Chaz, then Avrak, and I made a tutorial and a really shitty lets play.

SilverDragonLord plays cataclysm DDA, Dwarf fortress, Rimworld, From The Depths, Castle Story, and other roguelikes. His dwarf fortress lets plays are HUGE. I think he has like 12 seasons on it so far.

" One F Jeff " I think is the most entertaining to watch, he isn’t the best player but I like his humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9YRZ79_zI&list=PL5WMwekqnmUDq8knQvaL4MGmkjueVW–Z

An LP’er that I recommend is ‘Splattercatgaming’ he is entertaining to watch, he makes about 20-30 minute videos that feel like 10-12 minute vids.

Watch Chaz! There was also another person who was really nice too, but can’t remember the name.

You’ve subbed to my channel now, thank you, and welcome! I’m still in the process of growing an audience, and my content submission rate is sparse as it stands, but like I said, as long as BT actually pulls through with setting up my fibre internet next Thusday, I’ll be able to put out so much more content and maybe even do full series!

In the meantime, I’ve mostly been sticking to doing one-shots or short series, as I don’t really have the patience to babysit several hours-long uploads at 40 kilobytes a second. I might do another Cataclysm series, but I’ve sorta been waiting to hear more about 0.C before I jump back into the game, because the last I played of the unstable builds there were some really neat features that I wanna take advantage of, primarily involving inventory management and the fact that I can opt to only assign letters to the most important items in my inventory.

Whenever I do my next Cata series, it’ll be with the Chaz Serir sprite and profession mod, though. |D

I watch him actually, but because of his other stuff. Also, HOW DOES HE KEEP UP DAT UPLOAD RATE! 10 HALF HOUR VIDEOS A DAY MAN!

I watch him actually, but because of his other stuff. Also, HOW DOES HE KEEP UP DAT UPLOAD RATE! 10 HALF HOUR VIDEOS A DAY MAN![/quote]

I would say you could play daily 5 hour sessions, or 10 hour sessions every other day. You could also pre-record many episodes ahead of time (or even complete a/several let’s play(s)). Like, say you record one episode every other day, you wait till you have a big backlog before even uploading the first one.

At one point i was doing 3 videos a day, but I had to scale back as I don’t have as much time anymore.

I’ve checked Splattercatgaming - I was unable to find his Cataclysm DDA video’s. It’s unfortunate…

I just checked Splattercatgaming’s site, man does he have a lot of playlists, way more than I do. I though I had a lot of videos. I also checked all his playlists and could not find any Cataclysm DDA playlists.

Nyeh, he doesn’t have catadda.