Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

I’ve been able to get somewhat acceptable performance with over 1,000 zombies onscreen, that’s not really the limiting factor.
The thing about z-levels is simply that it’s a lot of work, we can get performance to be good even with that.
Trust me, I’m a professional :smiley:

Ahh, I see then. I have learned a thing!

This sounds rather worrying :(.

Z levels being a lot of work I mean :(.

Lets just hope one day it does come true :slight_smile:

Just throwing this out there, but if you do a kickstarter and someone posts it to /r/Games or /r/PCGaming or something like that, it’s bound to get a lot of attention. Hell, Cataclysm has a lot more “proof of concepts” than other Kickstarter projects, if you catch my drift!

We did a kickstarter. Gonna suggest you read the whole thread, possibly a few other ones in this board. Thanks.

We did a kickstarter. Gonna suggest you read the whole thread, possibly a few other ones in this board. Thanks.[/quote]

I know you did a kickstarter, I’m saying putting word out there that the kickstarter exists would have absolutely gotten more funding. This game is way under-appreciated in my opinion.

We did a kickstarter. Gonna suggest you read the whole thread, possibly a few other ones in this board. Thanks.[/quote]

I know you did a kickstarter, I’m saying putting word out there that the kickstarter exists would have absolutely gotten more funding. This game is way under-appreciated in my opinion.[/quote]

Maybe we could try a kickstarter again? Since the first one failed miserably because our professional coder ran out on us. :confused:

Personally, that deters me from wanting to try again. Also that inexhaustibly lazy cat has finally left us alone, I don’t want to have to attract that moth back to the flame.

Personally, that deters me from wanting to try again. Also that inexhaustibly lazy cat has finally left us alone, I don’t want to have to attract that moth back to the flame.[/quote]
I dunno I think he has moved on to other things, I mean last time he was on his own forum was December 28, 2013.

Also http://catmgs.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,18.0.html someone had doxed him too and he seems to jump to things to and fro.

a middle aged man (41?) with a decent resume who at some point prior to 2007(?) appears to have completely snapped or was always unstable.
a history of obsessions, unfinished projects, disorganization, and short periods of employment.
The recent history of obsessions to abandon and latch onto a new one with existing projects complicated by poor cooperation and splinter projects
I set out with the intent of humiliating you, but what I found of you was so god damned pathetic I felt I'd rather post a wake-up call.

What a shocking un-reveal.

I’ve done that too. I have no desire to rehash that month.

I guarantee you that if there was another Kickstarter, and word got out to the PC gaming community (esp. on Reddit) it would get a lot of attention. It’s a fantastic game with even better possibilities.

Though I’d wager another crowd-funding site would be a better idea. Kickstarter doesn’t give two shits about their users and a few of the higher-ups are racist as shit. It’s not my call, obviously.

We could try Patreon. :v

I would say do an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. I would absolutely help spread word.

So I read this thread, right? Did you end up refunding all that cash to those customers you jipped? Just curious. Because you did, in fact, fail to deliver. They deserve compensation.

You reminded me of someone and I flipped my shit for a moment there. I think the money’s been put into some kind of reward fund for …ugh I can’t explain it. Hopefully Kevin or Glyph can re-clarify.

It’s the bounty funding for z-levels, yeah.

That… doesn’t sound useful for a game’s development. Sounds like an excuse not to refund the money, honestly. When you lost your main coder, a regrettable affair, you folks should have refunded people. Unless you can find a new full-time coder? Or what? I don’t claim to know a lot about this community, I just don’t think it’s kosher, the business practices. I hope you folks reach all the goals you’ve set, but don’t use crowd funding again if you’re untrustworthy on the follow through.

Can you please spare us of your moralizing rant? Make yourself useful and go protest against bad business practices of actual businesses. People behind this project are making this game free for all of us and open source at top of it, investing countless hours of their free time. Last thing we need is people like you to discourage them from their effort.

You don’t agree with Kickstarter. Good. Leave it at that.

I’m gonna have to agree with Robik here.