Keep the Player Moving (FTL Style)

For me it is more about the FEEL of danger than about the real danger. What about an extremely dangerous enemy which is able to track the player? Its spawn rate should be very low in order to provide the possibility of ‘sleeping and reading’. Think about Richard Mathenson’s I Am Legend. Robert Neville has to survive in the environment which forces him to act in a given way. He is forced to plan another day in order to survive. Although every night is connected with the danger of death, he has time to sleep and to read. I do not know much about the lore of Cataclysm but I think that blob may be ‘aware’ of the survivalist (a given player) that fights with it even for many years. The blob should send ‘hunters’ which are able to track and to kill the player that may be seen as dangerous for the future of the blob. Those hunters should be extremely rare so that players who want to maintain their bases will be able to defend them despite the fact that it will be connected with an enormous danger

The blob is so big and, well, alien, that it barely even noticed humanity at all before it moved in. Individual zombies dying are about as noticeable to it as losing skin cells would be to us. You would have to do something HUGE to get its attention, like, kill ALL of the zombies at once. Or drop a nuke through a portal to it. Kevin already made it pretty clear in another thread that getting the blob’s attention would be both extremely difficult and suicidal.

This reminds me of this video I watched a week ago. About a missile silo being converted into a million dollar mansion with air filtration etc.

Anyway. Air Filtration. Should this be a thing?