Junkie Diseases and how they could be coded

I am not a very strong supporter of this because think of it this way.

My starter character is a baseball bat type of guy who likes his drugs. Lets assume that he survives for 1 year, then I start seeing my stats dropping, so I get more drugs to counter those effects. And since this is a cumulative disease/debuff as time goes on I get weaker and weaker. Then after a while its sorta like the game saying
"You have lived too long, die now."

Edit: But it might also be seen as a learning process. But I think that a learning cycle that takes 2-3 years ingame would seem mean for the player.

[quote=“Otaku, post:21, topic:2228”]I am not a very strong supporter of this because think of it this way.

My starter character is a baseball bat type of guy who likes his drugs. Lets assume that he survives for 1 year, then I start seeing my stats dropping, so I get more drugs to counter those effects. And since this is a cumulative disease/debuff as time goes on I get weaker and weaker. Then after a while its sorta like the game saying
"You have lived too long, die now."[/quote]

You’ve got it all wrong!
It’s a way the game will say “You’ve used too much drugs , your body has grown addicted to them and you will get smaller stat boost and your body will function poorly without drugs , die now.”

[quote=“woflsipder, post:20, topic:2228”]Drugs are no problem in the apocalypse.
Every person who really wants to survive would avoid using drugs for recreation and only use them in tight situations (painkillers , stat boost) so even getting addicted to a substance is hard enough and getting rid of a little addiction you got by consuming more than 3 units of the substance is as easy as not using the drug and maybe staying home for a day.
In a real life apocalypse nobody would probably even consider drugging up , because of the huge drawback that is not yet in the game (big enough to make every player consider the drugs more of a threat than boost) - hallucination effects , losing the grasp of reality and seing zombies walking through walls.[/quote]

Something tells me there would be a lot of people taking drugs if the world fell to pieces and most people they knew were dead/dying. I mean drug abuse stems from misery, plenty of misery in the apocalypse.

You can be surprisingly capable and active while being on/addicted to drugs.

Drugs might make you happy and all in apocalypse , but they sure do also make you unable to focus on anything so you could have extreme chance of being caught while swinging your baseball bat against the hallucination zombies.

Getting addicted to drugs could be deadly in the apocalypse , since you don’t have many things to do and the time goes slowly when you really want dat drug.