JSON, misadventures in Modding and tears. [please help...]

One moment, I’ll create an example item. If you want to, you can search JSON_INFO for “explosion”; it should tell you what fields work.

This dropped my jaw. The sheer niceness of this community is shocking. Nowhere have I gone, have people been this nice.

Honestly, everyone thank you all so much for all the help! I’ve got another problem now, though…

I can’t stop making stuff!

I’ve already added three different types of Boltgun round and made it all work! I love this!

Hmmm. I wonder if there’s a way to make a flame thrower that takes another kind of fuel (promethium), burns for a while and sets enemy’s on fire and be unable to put it out…

Minor nitpick: Your ammo type’s name says .75mm.

.75 caliber is 3/4 of a inch, 75mm is almost 3 inches, and 3/4 of a millimeter is too little dakka even for eldar. XP

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:24, topic:13554”]Minor nitpick: Your ammo type’s name says .75mm.

.75 caliber is 3/4 of a inch, 75mm is almost 3 inches, and 3/4 of a millimeter is too little dakka even for eldar. XP[/quote]

You’re right! I’ll change it now.

What about other factions? I’ve got a Bolter, a Bolt pistol, I’m having trouble with A Storm Bolter and then, after I do that, A Heavy Bolter. Then a couple of melee weapons, like a chainsword and a few monomolecular blades.

Actually, I could use a little bit of help on the StormBolter. I can’t figure out the code to make it fire ten rounds on automatic in one round.

I might do Orks next. Make it so that you can put guns on guns on guns as attatchments and the fire them all at once. I don’t even know how I’m going to do that but there’s never enough dakka.

Look at the burst options for existing guns. A lot of them define a set number of rounds for their full-auto and burst settings, and that can be used to give storm bolters a set burst size.

As for other factions, that’s in the json/npc folder if I recall. But can always go the lazy way and mod in orks and other Fun things as monsters instead of NPCs. If only it was possible to make NPCs of a given faction react more strongly to visible mutations…

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:26, topic:13554”]Look at the burst options for existing guns. A lot of them define a set number of rounds for their full-auto and burst settings, and that can be used to give storm bolters a set burst size.

As for other factions, that’s in the json/npc folder if I recall. But can always go the lazy way and mod in orks and other Fun things as monsters instead of NPCs. If only it was possible to make NPCs of a given faction react more strongly to visible mutations…[/quote]

I figured out the automatic code! It only works when targeting something. It doesn’t work out of combat. Now I’m working on a flamer filled with holy promethium to cleanse the planet! Also, Tyranids would be the easyist least hard to actually work out. Like, Gaunts, Geans and Warriors are all able to be done in JSON. I don’t know much about code but I am learning and I like it!

Nice. Now if only mods could be set to add content that applies only if other mods are detected. Then you could add jeanstealers if the Crazy Cataclysm mod is enabled. XP

That reminds me, I once worked on mocking up an orky truck. Should add a big old engine, then have a vehicle part that counts as a more powerful engine, requiring the normal engine plus red paint to install.

And never forget:

Give it cutting quality, butchering quality, woodcutting quality, digging quality, prying quality, hammering quality…

Mods can be dependent on other mods. There are should be two mods: main mod and sub mod which depends both on main mod and crazy_cataclysm.

[
{
“type”: “MOD_INFO”,
“ident”: “WH40KGuns”,
“name”: “WH40K Guns”,
“authors”: [ “Wulfle” ],
“maintainers”: [ “Wulfle” ],
“description”: “Adds a bunch of weapons from WH40K.”,
“category”: “items”,
“dependencies”: [ “dda” ]
}
]

[
{
“type”: “MOD_INFO”,
“ident”: “WH40KGunsCrazy”,
“name”: “WH40K Guns (Crazy stuff)”,
“authors”: [ “Wulfle” ],
“maintainers”: [ “Wulfle” ],
“description”: “Adds a bunch of crazy stuff from WH40K.”,
“category”: “items”,
“dependencies”: [ “dda”, “crazy_cataclysm”, “WH40KGuns” ]
}
]

Eh, only worth it if orky guns with orky recipes are in the crazy version. Speaking of which, have a completely untested pile of memes.

[
  {
    "id": "ork_choppa",
    "type": "TOOL",
    "name": "choppa",
    "description": "To a mere 'umie, this appears to be a crudely-sharpened piece of metal attatched to a stick.  To an ork, this is the solution to any problem that a shoota can't solve.  And most problems shootas CAN solve too, since very few problems can't be solved by enough dakka.",
    "weight": 6500,
    "volume": 12,
    "//": "I tell ya, zoggin' priceless you gits!",
    "price": 0,
    "bashing": 22,
    "cutting": 16,
    "material": [ "wood", "iron" ],
    "symbol": "/",
    "color": "light_gray",
    "techniques": [ "SWEEP", "WIDE", "BRUTAL" ],
    "qualities": [ [ "AXE", 2 ], [ "CUT", 1 ], [ "BUTCHER", -10 ], [ "COOK", 1 ], [ "PRY", 2 ], [ "DIG", 2 ], [ "HAMMER", 2 ] ],
    "flags": [ "MESSY", "TRADER_AVOID", "BELT_CLIP", "NONCONDUCTIVE", "DURABLE_MELEE" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_choppa_red",
    "copy-from": "ork_choppa",
    "name": "red choppa",
    "description": "You zoggin' 'umie, yer supposed ta paint da trukk red, not da choppa!  Dat's what 'umie blood's fer!  Wait, by Gork an' Mork, dis might be a good way ta krump 'umies even fasta!",
    "color": "red",
    "techniques": [ "RAPID", "SWEEP", "WIDE", "BRUTAL" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_shoota",
    "copy-from": "gun_base",
    "type": "GUN",
    "name": "shoota",
    "name_plural": "shoota",
    "//": "Roughly derived from sawn-down M2 Browning.",
    "description": "A big, beefy monster of a gun, seemingly cobbled together from spare parts to vaguely resemble something straight out of World War I.  The only thing that matters is it's loud, shooty, and way tougher than it looks.",
    "weight": 12600,
    "volume": 14,
    "price": 10000,
    "to_hit": -1,
    "bashing": 12,
    "material": "iron",
    "ammo": "dakka",
    "skill": "rifle",
    "range": 15,
    "dispersion": 500,
    "loudness": 200,
    "durability": 9,
    "clip_size": 500,
    "reload": 400,
    "barrel_length": 4,
    "modes": [
      [ "DEFAULT", "dakka", 25 ],
      [ "AUTO", "moar dakka", 50 ]
    ],
    "flags": [ "DURABLE_MELEE" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_shoota_red",
    "copy-from": "ork_shoota",
    "name": "red shoota",
    "description": "Da red ones go fasta!  Oi 'umie, dey mean da vee-heckles wen dey saiz dat!  Mebbe da red paint on da barrel will make da bullets go fasta?",
    "range": 30,
    "ranged_damage": 25,
    "dispersion": 750,
    "reload": 200,
    "//": "Ohgod make the dakka stahp plz.",
      [ "DEFAULT", "moar dakka", 50 ],
      [ "AUTO", "MOAR ZOGGIN' DAKKA!", 100 ]
    ],
    "techniques": [ "RAPID" ]
  },

{
    "id": "dakka_ammo",
    "type": "AMMO",
    "name": "dakka",
    "description": "It's fuel for your orky shootas, loud and made out of random junk, made for a gun with a roughly inch-wide bore.  What marvel of weirdboy magic is this, that so much dakka fits in your backpack at all?",
    "weight": 50,
    "volume": 2,
    "price": 3250,
    "material": [ "iron", "powder" ],
    "symbol": "=",
    "color": "dark_gray",
    "count": 250,
    "stack_size": 100,
    "ammo_type": "dakka",
    "range": 20,
    "damage": 120,
    "pierce": 20,
    "dispersion": 60,
    "recoil": 1400,
    "effects": [ "COOKOFF", "NEVER_MISFIRES" ]
  },

{
    "type" : "ammunition_type",
    "id" : "dakka",
    "name" : "zoggin' DAKKA!",
    "default" : "dakka_ammo"
  },

{
    "result": "dakka_ammo",
    "type": "recipe",
    "category": "CC_AMMO",
    "subcategory": "CSC_AMMO_RIFLE",
    "skill_used": "fabrication",
    "time": 700,
    "batch_time_factors": [ 50, 10 ],
    "autolearn": true,
    "charges": 1,
    "qualities": [
      { "id": "CUT", "level": 1 },
      { "id": "HAMMER", "level": 1 }
    ],
    "components": [
      [ [ "50_casing", 1 ], [ "shot_hull", 1 ], [ "40mm_casing", 1 ], [ "700nx_casing", 1 ], [ "scrap", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "lgrifle_primer", 1 ], [ "shotgun_primer", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "gunpowder", 60 ], [ "chem_black_powder", 60 ] ],
      [ [ "lead", 24 ], [ "bismuth", 24 ], [ "silver_small", 24 ], [ "gold_small", 24 ], [ "bearing", 1 ], [ "scrap", 1 ] ]
    ]
  },

{
    "result": "ork_choppa_red",
    "time": 5000,
    "tools": [ [ [ "paint_brush", -1 ] ] ],
      [ [ "ork_chopp", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "r_paint", 100 ], [ "blood", 10 ] ]
    ]
  },

{
    "result": "ork_shoota_red",
      [ [ "ork_shoota", 1 ] ],
    ]
  }
]

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:28, topic:13554”]Nice. Now if only mods could be set to add content that applies only if other mods are detected. Then you could add jeanstealers if the Crazy Cataclysm mod is enabled. XP

That reminds me, I once worked on mocking up an orky truck. Should add a big old engine, then have a vehicle part that counts as a more powerful engine, requiring the normal engine plus red paint to install.

And never forget:

Give it cutting quality, butchering quality, woodcutting quality, digging quality, prying quality, hammering quality…[/quote]

“description” : “An axe, covered in red paint and slightly rusted. ‘Da ChOppa’ is scratched, in barely legible script, on the side.”,

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:30, topic:13554”]Eh, only worth it if orky guns with orky recipes are in the crazy version. Speaking of which, have a completely untested pile of memes.

[spoiler=WAAAAAGH]

[
  {
    "id": "ork_choppa",
    "name": "choppa",
    "description": "To a mere 'umie, this appears to be a crudely-sharpened piece of metal attatched to a stick.  To an ork, this is the solution to any problem that a shoota can't solve.  And most problems shootas CAN solve too, since very few problems can't be solved by enough dakka.",
    "weight": 6500,
    "volume": 12,
    "//": "I tell ya, zoggin' priceless you gits!",
    "price": 0,
    "bashing": 22,
    "cutting": 16,
    "material": [ "wood", "iron" ],
    "symbol": "/",
    "color": "light_gray",
    "techniques": [ "SWEEP", "WIDE", "BRUTAL" ],
    "qualities": [ [ "AXE", 2 ], [ "CUT", 1 ], [ "BUTCHER", -10 ], [ "COOK", 1 ], [ "PRY", 2 ], [ "DIG", 2 ], [ "HAMMER", 2 ] ],
    "flags": [ "MESSY", "TRADER_AVOID", "BELT_CLIP", "NONCONDUCTIVE", "DURABLE_MELEE" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_choppa_red",
    "copy-from": "ork_choppa",
    "name": "red choppa",
    "description": "You zoggin' 'umie, yer supposed ta paint da trukk red, not da choppa!  Dat's what 'umie blood's fer!  Wait, by Gork an' Mork, dis might be a good way ta krump 'umies even fasta!",
    "techniques": [ "RAPID", "SWEEP", "WIDE", "BRUTAL" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_shoota",
    "copy-from": "gun_base",
    "type": "GUN",
    "name": "shoota",
    "name_plural": "shoota",
    "//": "Roughly derived from sawn-down M2 Browning.",
    "description": "A big, beefy monster of a gun, seemingly cobbled together from spare parts to vaguely resemble something straight out of World War I.  The only thing that matters is it's loud, shooty, and way tougher than it looks.",
    "weight": 12600,
    "volume": 14,
    "price": 10000,
    "to_hit": -1,
    "bashing": 12,
    "material": "iron",
    "ammo": "dakka",
    "skill": "rifle",
    "range": 15,
    "dispersion": 500,
    "loudness": 200,
    "durability": 9,
    "clip_size": 500,
    "reload": 400,
    "barrel_length": 4,
      [ "DEFAULT", "dakka", 25 ],
      [ "AUTO", "moar dakka", 50 ]
    ],
    "flags": [ "DURABLE_MELEE" ]
  },

{
    "id": "ork_shoota_red",
    "copy-from": "ork_shoota",
    "name": "red shoota",
    "description": "Da red ones go fasta!  Oi 'umie, dey mean da vee-heckles wen dey saiz dat!  Mebbe da red paint on da barrel will make da bullets go fasta?",
    "range": 30,
    "ranged_damage": 25,
    "dispersion": 750,
    "reload": 200,
    "//": "Ohgod make the dakka stahp plz.",
      [ "DEFAULT", "moar dakka", 50 ],
      [ "AUTO", "MOAR ZOGGIN' DAKKA!", 100 ]
    ],
    "techniques": [ "RAPID" ]
  },

{
    "id": "dakka_ammo",
    "type": "AMMO",
    "name": "dakka",
    "description": "It's fuel for your orky shootas, loud and made out of random junk, made for a gun with a roughly inch-wide bore.  What marvel of weirdboy magic is this, that so much dakka fits in your backpack at all?",
    "weight": 50,
    "volume": 2,
    "price": 3250,
    "material": [ "iron", "powder" ],
    "symbol": "=",
    "color": "dark_gray",
    "count": 250,
    "stack_size": 100,
    "ammo_type": "dakka",
    "range": 20,
    "damage": 120,
    "pierce": 20,
    "dispersion": 60,
    "recoil": 1400,
    "effects": [ "COOKOFF", "NEVER_MISFIRES" ]
  },

{
    "type" : "ammunition_type",
    "id" : "dakka",
    "name" : "zoggin' DAKKA!",
    "default" : "dakka_ammo"
  },

{
    "result": "dakka_ammo",
    "skill_used": "fabrication",
    "time": 700,
    "batch_time_factors": [ 50, 10 ],
    "charges": 1,
    "qualities": [
      { "id": "CUT", "level": 1 },
      { "id": "HAMMER", "level": 1 }
    ],
      [ [ "50_casing", 1 ], [ "shot_hull", 1 ], [ "40mm_casing", 1 ], [ "700nx_casing", 1 ], [ "scrap", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "lgrifle_primer", 1 ], [ "shotgun_primer", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "gunpowder", 60 ], [ "chem_black_powder", 60 ] ],
      [ [ "lead", 24 ], [ "bismuth", 24 ], [ "silver_small", 24 ], [ "gold_small", 24 ], [ "bearing", 1 ], [ "scrap", 1 ] ]
    ]
  },

{
    "result": "ork_choppa_red",
      [ [ "ork_chopp", 1 ] ],
    ]
  },

{
    "result": "ork_shoota_red",
      [ [ "ork_shoota", 1 ] ],
    ]
  }
]

[/spoiler][/quote]

This is hilarious! It just fits so well!

I was just about to say check the code I posted. I still need to give it a check for load errors and other fun stuff, I kinda hashed it out in the middle of the night. @.@

I was just about to say check the code I posted. I still need to give it a check for load errors and other fun stuff, I kinda hashed it out in the middle of the night. @.@[/quote]

Hey, that’s fine. I sort of stumbled into modding from a coffee-induced haze at 4:30AM. Honestly, I’m more survivor than I like to admit…

Breaking the code is my natural state of being. Now I clearly need to mod in a trukk. Good excuse to revive my ancient abandoned idea of a giant, 3000-displacement (for reference, V12 has an even 1200) engine like I was originally tempted to do for Tankmod.

Three thous… Do it… Do it and make a trukk that breaks the land-speed record… Make it go six times the speed of sound and so resilient that it takes a tank shell! OH! I’m going to make it so that you can’t repair it without “Da nowage of Gork 'n Mork”. It’s going to be a book, made of human skin and teeth, written in crayon with half the letters backwards and blood soaking most of the pages that, when you read it, you gain “Orky nowlage”. It lets you repair things that are broken simply by believing with copious amounts of alcohol.

That is glorious. And don’t forget a recipe for Squig Walker: Red Label. 'cuz it zogs ya in da brain fasta!

I’m going to give it the flag [stimulant 4] and make it super duper addictive.

Now I wonder how to add gargants as vehicles…probably only works as a monster, especially if it spawns a few pissed-off boyz on fire when taken out. o3o

Yeah. I’d quench those dreams of ridable monsters for a while. At least until there’s a base of code for that kind of activity.

Anyway, do you, or anyone else, know the rules of releasing a mod? I’d like to put out what i have, just to get some feedback and see if the community at large would be interested in something like this or if it would be a personal mod (ie. a few people and I).