Json attributes for mutations and bionics

Is there currently any plans or progress when it comes to getting the majority of mutation and bionic effects to a json format? It would be really awesome for modding. I’m just asking because I was thinking at maybe taking a crack at it myself.

Only some kinds of effects could be sensibly jsonized.
Extra attacks, armor, armor slot limitations, bio-guns and bio-blades would be doable, rest is unlikely.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11449”]Only some kinds of effects could be sensibly jsonized.
Extra attacks, armor, armor slot limitations, bio-guns and bio-blades would be doable, rest is unlikely.[/quote]

I didn’t expect something like the time dilation CBM or the majority the plant mutations to be jsonized, but things like speed or things which benefit your morale/stamina seem vaguely doable, or maybe even making the crazy effects a hard coded thing you call in the .json file.

Looking over and trying to work with the mutations.json has made me aware of the fact that it is a very fickle thing, especially if you want to change which mutation paths have which mutations. I’m guessing that this has something to do with the fact that those things are also defined by the mutations.cpp which makes me wonder why the mutations.json even has them to begin with. Making it so things like completely reworking mutation paths or adding new mutation/bionics entirely through the .json would be nice, even if the more exotic effects are relegated to the .cpp files.