Is it rare to find all this?

After woefully dying to a horde of zombies (because I suck at CataDDA even with a nailgun), I generated another character and found out that I was in the bunker I were some time ago where the ninja-gun-NPC killed me last time. He didn’t bother this time around, though.

I found soldiers’ corpses where I first met him, and salvaged a lot of decent armor, two backpacks, some food and water and a FREAKING M72 LAW.

Then I ventured out a bit into the wild and found a lot of good stuff - more soldier and scientist corpses, including, but not limited to - 2 (or 3? Iunno) M72 LAWs, a teleporter, and power armor. As well as Milkor MGL and M320. (and some fitting grenades)

While I can’t carry a lot now, am I the luckiest man on post-apocalyptic Earth or what?
Now I just want not to die, and I’m prone to Too-Awesome-To-Use syndrome in all likelihood. (I mean, I’m carrying some heavy Michael Bay-style ordnance, how cool is that?)

No, that does happen from time to time, you’ll find dead bodies with good loot about the wastes

[quote=“DarkDXZ, post:1, topic:1759”]After woefully dying to a horde of zombies (because I suck at CataDDA even with a nailgun), I generated another character and found out that I was in the bunker I were some time ago where the ninja-gun-NPC killed me last time. He didn’t bother this time around, though.

I found soldiers’ corpses where I first met him, and salvaged a lot of decent armor, two backpacks, some food and water and a FREAKING M72 LAW.

Then I ventured out a bit into the wild and found a lot of good stuff - more soldier and scientist corpses, including, but not limited to - 2 (or 3? Iunno) M72 LAWs, a teleporter, and power armor. As well as Milkor MGL and M320. (and some fitting grenades)

While I can’t carry a lot now, am I the luckiest man on post-apocalyptic Earth or what?
Now I just want not to die, and I’m prone to Too-Awesome-To-Use syndrome in all likelihood. (I mean, I’m carrying some heavy Michael Bay-style ordnance, how cool is that?)[/quote]

Scientist death puddles are more common but the loot usually isn’t as good. Military ID cards are extremely nice.

Found a charge rifle for a the first time today. I didn’t understand how it worked at first so I tested on rabbits.

Flicked UPS on and charged. Level 1-4 was just a little laser shot but 5 my god, I shot a rabbit right next to me and the blast radius is 9 squares. got all mangled and learned its true power.

UPS keeps flicking off randomly and eating up all the batteries tho. I had 300 in it and after 1 level 5 charge it goes down by a few then suddenly eats all of them.

Cant wait till I find a gas station.

LAWS are quite common (i play the git versions) for me, i use them to take out badly generated military outpost walls and fungal spires and the 40mm incendiary are really useful for carving paths thru forests for my vehicle (i never leave home without it, my car/truck is my main weapon in game “GTA motherf***er”) and also to pacify places that can burn. I have yet to find a use for tear gas, smoke and acid grenades/cartriges though.

Also if you want to make a rambo like stand, an m249 and some c4 goes nicely for pacifying a small town. Just don’t forget to butcher their corpses, they have a bad habit of not staying on the floor too long.

All in favor of calling dead body loot “Human Berries”, signify by saying aye!

AYE!

Use it while you can. Lugging that stuff around without a vehicle tends to be sort of terrible.

[quote=“CmdPrompt, post:5, topic:1759”]LAWS are quite common (i play the git versions) for me, i use them to take out badly generated military outpost walls and fungal spires and the 40mm incendiary are really useful for carving paths thru forests for my vehicle (i never leave home without it, my car/truck is my main weapon in game “GTA motherf***er”) and also to pacify places that can burn. I have yet to find a use for tear gas, smoke and acid grenades/cartriges though.

Also if you want to make a rambo like stand, an m249 and some c4 goes nicely for pacifying a small town. Just don’t forget to butcher their corpses, they have a bad habit of not staying on the floor too long.[/quote]

CS kills plants, acid kills corpses, and I guess smoke kills sightlines.

By CS i’m guessing you mean concussive? I like to read a book at a campfire, and by camp fire i mean a tile of forest getting torched. They are also a great alternative to other explosives if you don’t want to take out a whole wall, just make a 1 square hole.
I don’t really use acid cause of my play style (go in → kill → loot+butcher → move on)
The smoke should be bigger radius (same as a smoker zombie) and last more than a 1 turn puff. This also is counter my play style since i like explosions and v8s with y valves(or no muffler in the games case) :slight_smile:

By CS i’m guessing you mean concussive? I like to read a book at a campfire, and by camp fire i mean a tile of forest getting torched. They are also a great alternative to other explosives if you don’t want to take out a whole wall, just make a 1 square hole.
I don’t really use acid cause of my play style (go in → kill → loot+butcher → move on)
The smoke should be bigger radius (same as a smoker zombie) and last more than a 1 turn puff. This also is counter my play style since i like explosions and v8s with y valves(or no muffler in the games case) :)[/quote]

Negative. CS=tear gas.

Oh cool, thanks for the tip.