Instasuicide startpoints

For me it is being in close proximity to either a fungal spire, or a military bunker. Though honestly, fungal spires are much worse. Walking turrets just mean that I’m gonna seek a new home, which i would probably do anyway. But Spires just make me not explore the area around them at all. It is easier for me to just restart and reset world, instead of dealing with fungi hassle.

When my whole (or at least 75%) starting map was swamp. Only happened once and was my only “fuck that” spawn.

Playing with the intention to live on the run means I never have to like the spawn point as long as I can survive getting to town.

Anywhere near many beehives and or mines.

I feel compelled to explore the only to find it ends in tragedy.

The only thing I’m afraid of is Fungus, but there hasn’t been a starting location I couldn’t run from, at least at the start. Though yeah, worse is fungus, it threw off everything and I had to run in the middle of nowhere.

1. Create a new world and character.
  2. Open map menu and see that your starting shelter is in the forest, next to a beehive. The way to the North and East is blocked by a river. The other directions have a huge city.
  3. ???
  4. Profit! At least losing is fun.

I managed to cross the city, though it was close. Then I got eaten by wolves when outrunning the Z horde.

And fungus is just bad, so bad.

Honestly I love military outposts. Just wait until night and sneak up close with a rifle.

Kill turrets
Loot springs
Make beartraps

as for me, starting next (or inside) a city kinda defeats the object of an evac shelter, I think…

Also GODDAMN how loud can a person cough? Day one, I develop the common cold.
I take some Dayquil and decide to read some books with an MP3 player on and-- You cough noisily!
I’m not playing with static spawn at the moment, (I wanna try butchering a few shockers…) but Jesus christ… I finish another chapter of birdhouse monthly it looks like there’s a cougar outside, so I go to the window-- Nope.jpg it’s the horde, as usual. on a house in the outskirts. +30 Zeds attracted from a single cough.

Fungal spires are fine, though. They tend to enjoy a good old molotov now and then. Problem is I usually find fungaloids really damn far away from the spires and I don’t think anyone likes fighting fungaloids.

I love the insta-suicide spawns, they’re usually so comical. Plus they remind me that I’m in a rogue-like and am expected to die.

Surrounded on pretty much 3 sides by swamp (wish I took a screenshot of this one). I was stuffed next to a swampy river, and there was a bridge not too far away. I never made it across.

OMG BEARS! Seriously so many bears I assumed I woke up in a zoo. (Mental note - the game should have a zoo in big cities … complete with zombie animals!)

Yeah, they are pretty fun :smiley:

Personally another favourite of mine is spawning right next to a FEMA camp. Look out the window, monster spotted.

Well, this will be fast. I could always just run circles around the barbed wire, but eh it feels so lame.

I actually kind of like having water near me. It gives me a reason to get up my swimming. You can still butcher bees for food right? I’d imagine if you have a low strength bee poison could be horrible though.

I don’t do insta suicide spawns even if I started surround as far as I can see by swamp and a fungal spire at every door of the shelter.
Will I die a horrible death quickly? Most likely.
Will it be !FUN!? Yes

[quote=“TaintedHolyWater, post:2, topic:737”]When my whole (or at least 75%) starting map was swamp. Only happened once and was my only “fuck that” spawn.

Playing with the intention to live on the run means I never have to like the spawn point as long as I can survive getting to town.[/quote]

happened just today actually…surrounded by swamp tiles and 10 squares out the door was a horde of giant mosquito’s. I wanted to give the spawn a chance, tried to run, never made it far. on a chance respawn in the world, same evac shelter, corpse was 2 dozen squares out the back window with the buggers hanging out there…delete