Installing CBMs on NPC followers does not consume an anesthesia kit

So I hoarded 30 anesthesia kits to turn my NPC minions into cyborg killing machines. I installed a few on one guy with an autodoc in a military bunker, but when I checked my stockpile sitting nearby for something else, I noticed that no anesthesia kits had been used. I installed another CBM on the guy to double check if this was actually happening, and it did not use any anesthesia kits.

Wow. The PC survivor is actually a monster.

2 Likes

No, it says that they are being anesthetized by the machine, and they fall asleep and everything, its just not getting used up.

The PC is magical and can put people to sleep with a slight glare of their eyes and a flip of a switch! All seriousness though I think it is a bit of an over sight can would only need minor work. Or it’s one of those bugs that requires you tear everything out and start over

probably bugged npc’s are pretty bad
I can’t even get them to change weapons for no good reason they all seem to have obscenely high value for their bare fists

That because they have high unarmed skill. Give them an unarmed weapon like brass knuckles or nail knuckles. NPCs will only use either extremely strong weapons or ones they have skill for if they have gun skill they will use guns regardless of ammo and will melee with it if they run out of ammo for their preferred gun type. NPCs are fickle beings.

They also have a trust level which determines if they will eat drugs or things you offer them such as mutagen (only mutant NPCs will take them but only ones they say so bird mutant will only have bird and normal mutagen if I recall rightly). NPCs also can start a faction camp for/with you.

but a bowman refusing a pnuematic bolt driver? he’s got four levels in bows two in rifle but nothing in unarmed yet still he values it so much higher

Then he might not have ammo for it a bow man will use crossbows and bows as long as they have ammo.

'tis but a scratch when compared to their devotion to their emperor.

2 Likes

Their pain shall be rewarded tenfold. At least once a few more things get implemented (like letting them wear power armor).

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will be my bulwark against the Terror, the Defenders of Humanity, and they shall know no fear.

On a related note, I really wish you could use the electrolysis kit to gold plate power armor.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. My latest recruit (who I’m planning on mutating into a catgirl combat meido) had no combat skill whatsoever and would not equip either the pneumatic AR or the bolt driver I have given her until they were loaded. Keep in mind that the ammo utilized affects the combat value for the weapon you are trying to give them.

Load it first, then try giving it to him.