Insect Composition

There isn’t much to code there, mostly just create content.

The reason insect flesh is disabled is that it would be pretty useless at the moment, with no recipes that use it.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:20, topic:9442”]…do bugs even get parasites that can affect humans? I mean, I know bees have huge problems with mites. With bees being gigantic in CATA, I could see mites being more of a MUTANT FLEAS sort of problem.

…actually that would be a hilarious problem, can we find a place for that in this game too?

Additionally, I was thinking spider goo could go in soup like some kind of delicious cream of ‘mushroom’ blasphemy. Dang I need to learn how to code.[/quote]

Bees do not have a mite problem. That’s the propaganda piece for people that aren’t willing to accept the concept that overuse of insecticides and pesticides kill everything. And these people tend to have a vested interest in society relying on them for food.

But that’s an entirely different thread…

Yup, bees have problems with (if I recall) nicotinoid based pesticides worst of all since they stick around. They also have problems with idiots trying to keep italian bee strains in northern canada, wasp raids on baby bees and honey stores. Pesticide-weakened bees are prone to a lot of problems like these that wouldn’t kill them otherwise… trust me, I am well aware of a multitude of problems bees have. Regardless, you’re right. Different thread. Temptation to prove I’m not clueless kind of overriding my desire to not argue. My apologies.

Still leaves my original question unanswered: if bees in cata had upsized parasites, would they even be able to do anything to humans? Would this make sense as a problem for uncooked bee ‘meat’ to have?

Up-sized parasites might not do anything on its own. If they get more aggressive that’d definitely do it, but from what I’ve seen there already exist such parasites in game. For example, I’m pretty sure eating raw meat today won’t give you, say, brain parasites. Or something beneath your skin that you can physically feel moving. I don’t know what all the blob did to the microbe world but you can get a lot meaner worms than you can today.

You also have those wasps that lay eggs under your skin. The gestation speed of those things is nuts. The world of parasites is just horrifying.

I’d completely forgotten about egg-skin wasps. …does remind me of botflies though. Hmm. Maybe we’ve got enough things in CDDA of this nature as it is, after all. Heh.