Important notes on realistically depicting the New England area

I have played an unhealthy amount of this game in the last month or so, and have greatly enjoyed its comprehensive simulation of so many environmental factors. However, I have noticed a major flaw that could potentially ruin the immersion.

There are no Dunkin’ Donuts analogues.

This might seem like a minor quibble, but I assure you that it is a matter of utmost importance for accurately recreating suburban New England. Anyone who lives there will be able to confirm the universality of Dunkin’ Donuts and the constant presence of their not-great-but-affordable baked goods and coffee. I grew up and live in New England, and I struggle to remember a single town that I’ve been in that did not have at least one Dunkin’ Donuts. Airports, hospitals, rest stops, train stations, and non-donut related stores will frequently have a secondary interior Dunkin’ Donuts store or kiosk - sometimes more than one!

Unless I have missed something, existing coffee shops do not seem to be a source for donuts, and most seem to be two stories and somewhat upscale, more in the vein of Starbucks. I cannot stress this enough - the game needs a series of generic cheap blocky one square one-story buildings that are filled with somewhat stale donuts and poorly maintained coffee machines. You can give it a bland name like “Dippin’ Donuts” or “Dunkin’ Doughballs” or, I don’t know, make it something more vague so you can incorporate Tim Hortons and Krispy Kreme in as well.

It could be some sort of FOODCO subsidiary or something with a name like “COFFEECO”, the lore explanation isn’t important. What’s important is that this oversight is addressed immediately. Until then, I, sadly, will not be able to play the game due to this serious flaw in the immersive New England experience.

3 Likes
1 Like