I'm Having Trouble Surviving (long term)

Cudgel.
Steel Spear.
Knife Spear.
Quarterstaff
Ironshod Quarterstaff.
Katana.
Diamond Katana.

Makeshift Crowbar isn’t actually good, it has no special attack or block/parry and costs a bit too much move points per attack for my taste.
A simple bat is better, nail bat is even better but still no special attacks or blocking.

Knives suck, the trenchknife i think has parry and is similar in damage to a combat knife so i guess that’s the only good one apart from the Monomolecular Blade CBM which is really high damage and has block.

If you’re going unarmed with a style i recommend the Katar Claws thingy, it doesn’t count as a weapon and adds like 15 damage + block to your unarmed attacks.

My info is a little outdated so check it yourself.

…He asked for starting weapons.

katana is starting weapon i got mine near starting evac shelter in mainson

Yeah, but having a mansion spawn near you is not guaranteed.

My starting weapon is usually either a wood spear (easy to build), knife spear (a little harder, but you can or a 2 by sword/nord (easy to build and has blocking ability)

A hammer is always a good starter, and you can sometimes find them in the basement of the starting shelter… or if you have almost no options, bashing the lockers with a rock will get you a metal pipe you can use (or just fight with the rocks, it’s still better than nothing)…

Also X-PLODE, what the hell kind of hacks are you running to get a diamond katana and katar claws as a starter? If you’re going with lucky starts why not just put submachine guns and flamethrowers on the list?

If you’re truly desperate with no other options, rock in a sock! Put a rock in a sock and it makes a swingable weapon.

Well i posted the most optimal weapons at the end of each paragraph.

But for starter weapons the first 4 weapons in my post are easily attainable.
Other starter weapons are nail knuckles & steel knuckles for unarmed.

The 2 katana’s drop from NPC’s early sometimes, so i guess you can add them to guns as unlikely starting weapons but possible nonetheless.

I always go for rock->makeshift crowbar->knife spear.