Ideas for a draconic mutation branch [WIP]

Yesss. We did get artifact properties JSONized and I was damn near the only person asking for it. o3o

So hopefully more mutation properties will be accessible, since that’s been a more common suggestion. Though complex things like fire breath might not yet be possible to JSONize, unless we added mutations that focus on creating fields through various means.

There is not bionics that allow you shoot stuff? ik you want a mutation, but is the only solution I see for now.

I believe there are 2 or 3 that let you shoot stuff. There’s the finger laser, which is intended more for lighting fires than killing monsters. Then at the opposite end of the spectrum we have the fusion blaster megaman shooty arm, which you need to cut off your left arm to install. And then there’s the railgun throwing arm launcher. It does not shoot arms, it merely accelerates the metallic objects that you throw to ludicrous speeds.
Did I miss any?

Electricity CBM, don’t forget that!

And mini-flamethrower, which if I recall is literally just a bionic lighter.

However, there are mutations for slime trails and acid secretions of some sort. So adapting those to become more flexible might work.

I know I’d be making a mutation mod as soon as mutations get properly json-ized.

Already been working on one aiming to make mutations a lot more interesting. Its mostly on paper until the jsonizing happens, but I’m planning:

• more mixed-effect mutations with both drawbacks and benefits, and fewer purely bad and purely good mutations.
  • more low-level “situational benefit” mutations that combo with other mutations and traits (see the pairing of spikes and shell, for instance, or tough feet and toe claws),
  • more categories and differences between categories, as right now many of them boil down to flavor-text variants of “make you good at fighting and bad at everything else” and “a set of vaguely useful abilities and tiny stat boosts that aren’t really worth the bother of reaching threshold”. I’m aiming to give every category a few signature post-threshold benefits and quirks that make each radically different from any of the rest. For instance, a feline threshold mutation of Very Sleepy called Cat Napper that makes you even sleepier, but lets any time you spend sitting still (say, while, aiming, crafting, or reading) count as half-sleep toward reducing your exhaustion.

More mutations…

More mods…

YES!

Yusss. Might be interesting to see how many uses would ensue.

Wait, you can create custom mutation?

You can, but most of of the actual effects are hardcoded.

Exactly what we’re hoping will be fixed someday. o3o

Hmmm, this opens some possibilities…

What about Wyvern type dragon wings? Your arms turn to wings and you gain two talons and a dew claw as your hands. You get a bonus to unarmed attacks, and you can use your wings as a bashing tool. Sending things you attack flying or at least staggering them. And you can use them as sort of a thin shield. Also thanks to them being your arms. You can glide and control your decent (like bird wings) when dropping from a high place.
But the downsides are +2(0) hand encumbrance. +4(0) Arm encumbrance, And -2 to hit.

Sort of an extreme mutation but never the less !!FUN!!

Oooh. As an alternative that sounds good.

Logically, surplus limbs would encumber the torso or even prevent wearing non-oversize gear, where wyvern wings would affect the arms and hands. X3

There is the obvious flame thrower, but there is a artifact that allows you to shoot fire balls. Which like the flame thrower isn’t recommended for close combat; It does a 3x3 fire/explosion. You could make it use up a moderate amount of hunger, and when hungry it cant be used kind of thing? and maybe switching up the dragon breaths like fire,acid, lightning, gas, wind and ice. I dont know about ice I haven’t seen any freezing effects, but for wind theirs a creature name vortex that uses it to fling opponents in to the air, that I summon using a artifact.

I am disappointed in our lack of freezing abilities. ;w;

I want a liquid nitrogen gun now