Idea: Parasites/Symbiots

So this literally just poped up in my head so its not exactly fleshed out…

Ok so we got diseases and we got infections so why not parasites? For instance eating a piece of raw (or cooked but with a much lower change) meat may give you a tape worm that makes you take less nutrients from food. There could even be mutant versions! A mutant tapeworm could completle negate any nutrients you get and ,basically, starve you to death.
Of course there could be the other side too, symbiots. For instance some form of plant organism that lives on your skin and provides you with sustenance or slowly heals you, when in direct sunlight. You would ,of course, have to take care of it as well.
It could have a change to be hurt in melee combat or die if it dosent get any sunlight for a few days!

So what do you thing?

Sorry for being off topic, but I just saw your Avatar. Had to do it.

“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:2, topic:5160”]Sorry for being off topic, but I just saw your Avatar. Had to do it.

“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”
“Shepard.”
“Wrex.”[/quote]
__
l l
QO

I can already imagine this becoming an alternative system akin to mutations and bionics. Parasite symbiotism.

Tapeworm disease from eating raw/rotten food. YUP

Wild Gift/Fungus generic talent tree from ToME. YUP

Technically you already have a symbiotic relationship with this odd organism! Its pretty much ignored from a game play perspective, and is just there to hand-wave your magical health regenerating sleep and mutations. It will be elaborated upon and expanded sometime in the future, but that is possibly very far off from now.

Oh well now that I think about it, wouldn’t your odd organism be able to drive out other common parasites?

If you wanted to have some kind of mutant tapeworm affecting you, what makes it so mutated anyways?
I don’t understand what makes GIANT spiders GIANT :I

Goop.

This is what causes mutations, and why they happen due to radiation.

The ooze is trying to evolve to defend itself against an unknown stimulus, radiation.

So if we flash-irradiate ourselves we might be able to kill the goo?