I need help with a error code

every time I load my save on the newest build it displays this error and kicks me to the title screen
src/main_menu.cpp:1146 [bool main_menu::load_character_tab(bool)] Error: Invalid enum string ‘fire’ for ‘11damage_type’
can someone help

I would like to, but I can’t help you, because:

• I don’t know the version; “newest build” is always relative. Newest experimental? Newest stable? Newest in the launcher (which sometimes is older and - weirdly enough - sometimes newer than the newest available build)?
  • I don’t know which operating system you’re running it on. Windows/Mac/Linux? Android?
  • It might get caused by a mod? Maybe not? I can’t tell for sure, as I don’t know what mods you’re using (if any).

Also, this sounds like (part of) this error

It started happening on experimental build #10915 and beyond the mods I am using are
Aftershock
Arcana and Magic items (which I think is the culprit)
Blaze Industries
C.R.I.T Expansion
Alternative Map Key
Cataclysm++
Mythical Martial Arts
No Rail Stations
Graphical Overmap
Disable NPC Needs
Stat through Skills
It does sound like it’s part of the error you mention and I am on Windows

Indeed, I’ve tested through all the others and it runs fine without arcana but stops with it.
I’ll see if I can find a quick fix for it.

Edit: Alright, here’s the fix.
Open each of the files listed below. Search for "damage_type": "fire", replace with "damage_type": "heat" in…:
data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_aftermath.json (2 entries)
data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_arcane_blessings.json
data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_item.json
data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_magic_signs.json
data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_sanguine_marks.json

After that, go to the file data\mods\Arcana\spells\spells_arcane_blessings.json, search for "damage_type": "bio", replace with "damage_type": "biological".

That should fix the errors.

@Valase thanks, sorry for the lack of details, I’ll try to include them in the future. I fixed Arcana, and every other mod I have on the side. However as I put in another post, Vamp Stuff /+Arcana changes don’t seem to be being respected by the game despite no file having those wrong damage types anymore. Though it has no trouble with the same edits that I made to Arcana alone. Frustrating.