Hygiene

Re morale boosts: not everyone uses any given morale-booster, too. Marijuana, LSD, etc, see zero use from me. Booze only if Ka’lol has Ethanol Burner and Blood Filter.

Candy…yeah, if there’s a need for food/sugar/extra morale NOW. if he’s training combat, the mp3 player ususally gets the nod. I put in the other candies simply because I personally don’t much care for peanut-butter cups and resented having to have them as my “favorite”. :wink:

(Wouldn’t bother with mayo, either. RP choices FTW.)

Back at base, books are probably it. I’m liking SF and Fantasy, now that Romance got nerfed.

Why bother? It’s nice to keep Focus up and get out of ): territory.

You could accomplish a similar result from having Boomered/Walked In Sewage/etc apply morale penalties.

Ok. I’m going to chime in again. The original suggestion still stands. All I was really suggesting is something like the one that someone linked. A simple item that you can use. They have ones that are called sun showers also. They are heated by the sun and you get a somewhat warm shower. Of course this only works in summer. There may be alternate means to heat it up. All it would do is give you is a minor boost to resist ambient disease and a nice morale boost for something your character probably doesn’t get to do too often.

I’m cool with hygiene providing a morale boost but I don’t want it to have to be something that requires attention. I’ve met plenty of filthy people in my day and it doesn’t affect their morale one bit. It seems to bother the people around them a lot more. Personally sometimes I love feeling dirty, but I also know how great a hot shower can feel too, which is why I don’t think it should be a requirement but an optional morale boost. Now healthwise, I guess that’s a different matter. I can see how not showering or cleaning yourself should have some kind of negative result in terms of health.