Hydrogen cells are not craftable

I’ve made a little research.

So.
Weight of 1 hydrogen unit: exactly 183 gramms, volume: 2 units per 5 hydrogen (0.4 ingame units or 0.1 liter)
3000 hydrogen might be stored in a metal tank (56.25 liters)
Real life hydrogen atomic mass: 1 gramm per mole
Therefore, 1 hydrogen unit = ~183 moles of hydrogen.
3000 units = 549 000 moles of hydrogen
According to ideal gas equation:
PV = nRT
0.05625 * P = 549 000 * 8.31 * (exact temperature of hydrogen is unknown, but let’s take 293.15 K)

0.05625 * P = 549 000 * 8.31 * 293.15
P = (549 000 * 8.31 * 293.15) / 0.05625
P = 23 776 106 640 Pa
FUCKING 24 GIGA-PASCALES.

Fun fact: specific heat of combustion of hydrogen and oxygen is ~140 MJ per kg.
549 kg would give 76 860 000 000 J of heat, which equals about 18.37 tons of TNT exploded.

You forgot about one simple thing: “unit of hydrogen” isn’t actually a glob of the stuff, but a cell that holds it.
Hydrogen tanks are a simplification - they should contain the same stuff as hydrogen cells, but instead are coded as if they contained the cells themselves.

As a rarely used feature, hydrogen doesn’t get much love. Plasma engines are incredibly rare (1 spawn weight in bank vault - less than 2% chance per bank), plasma rifles barely more common and CVD engines spawn at lab finales and are only used to post-endgame bling.
Don’t hold it to standards as high as the core game everyone plays and knows (and reports/fixes bugs for).

Eventually hydrogen should probably become a separate item with nearly 0 weight, with the hydrogen cell being one of the few things capable of containing it.

You can see how it works in game by filling a vehicle hydrogen tank with hydrogen (25 units is enough), then destroying it and collecting the remains. Entire 2500 units of the remains.

You forgot about one simple thing: "unit of hydrogen" isn't actually a glob of the stuff, but a cell that holds it.
I knew about this little thing and the problem is that actually I am right. It turns out to be what I meant. Unless you stuff hydrogen cells inside a hydrogen tank, which would be very stupid. Empty metal tank weights 5.7 kg. Metal tank of hydrogen (3000) weights 554,7 kg. Therefore, content's weight = 549 kg, which leads to 549 000 moles. You can check that by yourself.

Another possible variation: hydrogen cells don’t contain pure hydrogen, but rather mix of oxygen and hydrogen. It makes sense, but in this case I can assume they contain 183 / (16 + 2) = ~10 → 20 moles of hydrogen, 10 moles of oxygen.
The problem is that all the descriptions have nothing about other reagents inside things. Everything leads to idea it’s pure hydrogen.

You can see how it works in game by filling a vehicle hydrogen tank with hydrogen (25 units is enough), then destroying it and collecting the remains. Entire 2500 units of the remains.
I have no idea why this happens. It might be.. oh wait. [img]http://clip2net.com/clip/m192794/4437c-clip-97kb.jpg[/img] Just as I though. They multiply amount of hydrogen, making it possible for me to pretty much duplicate it.

Stupid, but this is how it works at the moment, because it’s a big simplification.
It is actually much less stupid than the alternative interpretation: that hydrogen you can store in backpack or hold in your hand is actually pure hydrogen not contained in any cell.

Plus, the item’s description is unambiguous: it is a container full of hydrogen, it is made of steel and it has a solid phase.

Number multiplication happens because vehicles need bigger numbers to operate on. Otherwise anything that drains hydrogen charges on the vehicle would have very random power drain. It’s just that currently the functions that handle vehicle losing parts don’t “understand” that they’re dealing with multiplied numbers.

Plus, the item's description is unambiguous: it is a container full of hydrogen, it is made of steel and it has a solid phase.
I meant composition of mix inside. It says "hydrogen in a cell", without any other reagents.
It is actually much less stupid than the alternative interpretation: that hydrogen you can store in backpack or hold in your hand is actually pure hydrogen not contained in any cell.
In this case cells have too low weight (lesser than a gramm) so they don't affect a lot.