How Do Ya'll Treat Your NPCs?

just like in DF , this question pops up alot , do you treat them as actual people or just meatshields ?
i just RP that shit , make them actual clothing , cook them food , make them weapons , pretty much deck them out
and i bury them , too , when they die
how about ya guys ?

Sometimes I kit them out in sweet armor and weapons, sometimes I leave them to die from fungal infections. It depends on how I feel.

When an NPC has served well, I butcher them and cut up their stuff, then build a pyre.

NPC’s?
You mean cattle, right?

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:2, topic:12907”]Sometimes I kit them out in sweet armor and weapons, sometimes I leave them to die from fungal infections. It depends on how I feel.

When an NPC has served well, I butcher them and cut up their stuff, then build a pyre.[/quote]
why in the name of fuck does marloss man need an NPC ?

[quote=“Gnorse, post:4, topic:12907”][quote=“TheFlame52, post:2, topic:12907”]Sometimes I kit them out in sweet armor and weapons, sometimes I leave them to die from fungal infections. It depends on how I feel.

When an NPC has served well, I butcher them and cut up their stuff, then build a pyre.[/quote]
why in the name of fuck does marloss man need an NPC ?[/quote]

Apocalypse gets lonely I guess.

I’m testing NPCs recently as I have barely played with them.

Using them as tank while I take out zeds by bow is fun.

I just wish their heads didn’t explode as much as they do, I like to micromanage their everything. Is fun, but then I get kinda attached to them and is a pain in the ass when they die.

A pity I can’t make a collar with the NPCs’ tooth that have live a long and happy life under my protection. I need to figure out a way to take mementos out of their corpses.

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

Apocalypse gets lonely I guess.[/quote]
That is the exact reason. I have static NPCs and random NPCs on 0.05 spawn, so I don’t get overwhelmed, but I like to carry around an NPC buddy sometimes. They help me with batch crafting sometimes.

NPCs? You mean walking meatbags? I wait until they die and eat them.

Wait wait wait…

You people DON’T mass mutate NPCs and keep the successful experiments? At the very least MEDICAL or ALPHA them, dump them in medieval armor and toss em’ an awl pike.

[quote=“Logrin, post:10, topic:12907”]Wait wait wait…

You people DON’T mass mutate NPCs and keep the successful experiments? At the very least MEDICAL or ALPHA them, dump them in medieval armor and toss em’ an awl pike.[/quote]
i wish we can install bionics on them , y’know

I either try to recruit them, or start a fight with them. If I recruit them, I tell them to guard wherever that spot is.

And then I leave them.

Because then I’m not competing with them for resources.

[quote=“Profugo Barbatus, post:12, topic:12907”]I either try to recruit them, or start a fight with them. If I recruit them, I tell them to guard wherever that spot is.

And then I leave them.

Because then I’m not competing with them for resources.[/quote]
holy shit that’s smart

but then again they wont be able to kill any zeds that way

I use grenades liberally when fighting zombies. Couple of weak ones or single strong ones, I’ll melee them. Couple strong ones/shockers, and I’ll gun them down. Mass of zombies, and I’ll circle 'em until they’re moving in a nice tight pack, then start chucking grenades at 'em. Thin the herd until I feel its light enough to clean up through Fire or Sword.

Seriously, a tin can, gasoline, string, and a pilot light is all very cheap, and makes mincemeat of massed zeds.

And NPC’s would just get in the way of that.

[quote=“Profugo Barbatus, post:14, topic:12907”]snip
a tin can, gasoline, string, and a pilot light
snip[/quote]
and those make ?

I nurture my NPCs. They must become glorious killing machines, worthy of carrying on my teachings.

[quote=“Gnorse, post:15, topic:12907”][quote=“Profugo Barbatus, post:14, topic:12907”]snip
a tin can, gasoline, string, and a pilot light
snip[/quote]
and those make ?[/quote]
A grenade.

NPCs? Disabled.

Guys, how do you increase their trust?

I managed to complete one mission for an NPC I have around, so the trust is a bit up now. But he does not have any more missions for me to make, so how do I increase it? He drinks water or soda I give him and eats SOME food (mostly junkfood), but when I try to feed him with nice stew or meat or something he says like “What the hell, I don’t trust you enough to eat from your hands!!”. That is something related to Trust parameter I think. And is ridiculous.

So how do you make better relations with an NPC aside from single mission they have ?

P.S. My buddy is equipped with copper spear from the get go when he spawned nearby me in police station and ROCKS at grinding Zeds.

As a pretty cannibal bionic assassin, I recruit them and if they die I eat them. Amassing an npc army is a must to rival the horde. They all wear the same uniform it’s so cute!

I don’t treat them. If they are friendly, then I allow them to leave unharmed. If they are aggressive or become aggressive, I bring ruination upon them and leave their broken corpse where it fell under the post cataclysm sky.

I can’t stand followers.