How about maps and map size options?

so i’m one of those people who have to explore something if it’s there. unfortunately that means exploring such a huge area of the map that my computer(which doesn’t have all that much memory to spare) ends up crashing or the game takes a looooooong time to load.

so how about adding the ability to choose or set a maximum map size? even better, map types as well. say i want a desert with little water, or a tropic jungle, or an island.

also, and maybe the fans could help with this, maps of certain places. for example. i would like to play a map of the United States. now while my current computer probably couldn’t support a map that large, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be made!

I like your enthusiasm and this type of game play is definitely something I would look forward to seeing implemented. Not particularly the map size, but rather the choosing of the topography. I’ve heard the plan is to implement several different regions into the area and the option to just make it set in one area seems like something that would go along with that.

I would prefer it if we could have a map saved in chunks, that would probably help with the crashing thing.

[quote=“Zireael, post:3, topic:2541”]I would prefer it if we could have a map saved in chunks, that would probably help with the crashing thing.[/quote]i’m no coder, but that sounds to me like it just might work!

I will be working on this if it is not done prior to my working on z-levels. I may add this to the end features for the world factory, as that will be messing a lot with how, and where features are integrated into the game world.