How about make something that can bring into the stairs?

You know, there is still something need to be improvemente, today, let’s talking about bring stuff up and down to the stairs,

the first thing I want to talk about, is something small vehicles that can take away to stair follow you going up and down, such like shopping cart, or something like that,

also, the NPC not follow you going to the stairs, mabye some one can make them do so?

that’s all I want to say, oh, I’m still waiting someone can make a command menu, so the player can send the friendly monster fall back, or attacking, and it will limited by you speech skill.

That’s not how it works.
You’ll find it everstrange until you’ve sank your head into more than one roguelike game.
In fact, I envy your enthusiasm. This is an OpenSource community and who knows, you just might reinvent this game at some point.

As for now, things are different. You get a player character, some clothes and a world of exploration, combat and crafting to enjoy. These clothes you wear count for encumberance as well as keeping you warm and, in particular cases, safe from harm. Light clothing means quicker legs, swift blows and less fatigue (overall) but makes your character unhandy.

You’re wondering - what’s that gotta do with my shopping cart stuck at the bottom of the staircase?
Your character can carry a sh*tload of both essential and trivial items along the way. The only question is - what’s the tradeoff? To put it simple - since this is a game of survival, you sacrifice a little bit of your chance for survival every time you get hurt, slowed down or illness-struck for that matter. Carrying (or dragging) heavy loads will even strain your character to the point of exaustion whereas you’ll have to think of something better. And, zombies will feast on you as if you were marshmellows.

Throughout 0.A, 0.B and 0.C builds we’ve had a serious rework (thanx Rivet, good job guys) of the encumberance system and related clothing and/or items. It means that there are pieces of clothing that snugly fit, yet they offer some volume-width. The volume you carry around is just as important as honing your skills or keeping track of various mutations and bionic upgrades. It’s the cornerstone of CataDDA, and I firmly believe everyone here’s proud of just how containers and adaptations of a simple backpack now work.
In addition to learning what is the famous “encumberance vs. volume” balance really is, you may find different items useful throughout your adventures in post-cataclysmic New England. There are advanced setups, such as CBM-Storage and even frames to mount onto mighty Power Armors. To prove that this game mustn’t be as compicated, I advise you to look around the eerie towns and find yourself a shopping bag. These almighty, magical properties of this item make it a wielded item (like crowbars or crossbows) but instead of a more sensible utility, they offer the most basic one.
You can carry stuff upstairs.

Keep safe,
vultures.

Suitcase. it’s bigger

Just pointing out how shopping bags solve the dilemma. A travelling bag (or suitcase) would encumber the whole shoulder, which is in regard to everyone’s experience, the whole side of one’s body.

[quote=“vultures, post:2, topic:9138”]That’s not how it works.
You’ll find it everstrange until you’ve sank your head into more than one roguelike game.
In fact, I envy your enthusiasm. This is an OpenSource community and who knows, you just might reinvent this game at some point.

As for now, things are different. You get a player character, some clothes and a world of exploration, combat and crafting to enjoy. These clothes you wear count for encumberance as well as keeping you warm and, in particular cases, safe from harm. Light clothing means quicker legs, swift blows and less fatigue (overall) but makes your character unhandy.

You’re wondering - what’s that gotta do with my shopping cart stuck at the bottom of the staircase?
Your character can carry a sh*tload of both essential and trivial items along the way. The only question is - what’s the tradeoff? To put it simple - since this is a game of survival, you sacrifice a little bit of your chance for survival every time you get hurt, slowed down or illness-struck for that matter. Carrying (or dragging) heavy loads will even strain your character to the point of exaustion whereas you’ll have to think of something better. And, zombies will feast on you as if you were marshmellows.

Throughout 0.A, 0.B and 0.C builds we’ve had a serious rework (thanx Rivet, good job guys) of the encumberance system and related clothing and/or items. It means that there are pieces of clothing that snugly fit, yet they offer some volume-width. The volume you carry around is just as important as honing your skills or keeping track of various mutations and bionic upgrades. It’s the cornerstone of CataDDA, and I firmly believe everyone here’s proud of just how containers and adaptations of a simple backpack now work.
In addition to learning what is the famous “encumberance vs. volume” balance really is, you may find different items useful throughout your adventures in post-cataclysmic New England. There are advanced setups, such as CBM-Storage and even frames to mount onto mighty Power Armors. To prove that this game mustn’t be as compicated, I advise you to look around the eerie towns and find yourself a shopping bag. These almighty, magical properties of this item make it a wielded item (like crowbars or crossbows) but instead of a more sensible utility, they offer the most basic one.
You can carry stuff upstairs.

Keep safe,
vultures.[/quote]

I’ve got to disagree with you on this one, the reality bubble works for everywhere, not just the level you’re on so zombies can still walk down stairs, and Cataclysm tends to try and make things relatively simple. It’s not balance but tedium making you carry everything from your cart to your bunker, and generally if the zombies are that close you’re already in trouble. Right down from what I see from the developers it’s realism as long as it doesn’t get in the way of gameplay.

The real reason isn’t mechanics but programming, there isn’t really a good way to move the huge chunks of inventory yet, they’ve been holding it off for the Z-level update.

The rb doesn t work on other z levels as on the one your on until proper z lvls are implemented ( i am not sure about the progress)
Till then the crossing of z lvls by enemies is donewithout depending on beeing covered by the rb… yielding strange results sometimes.

On bringing items up and down stairs, I settled with making another wheelbarrow on a set of undeground tunnels I made, and another one on whatever point aboveground those tunnels lead to. Moving a set of items from one wheelbarrow to another can be a bit tedious, but it’s certainly better than taking a day or two long journey bumping into shrubs and small trees and giant bees on a trip down the tunnels which takes only a few hours. Plus it helps that I got three trunks linked together in my underground wheelbarrow, so I can do multiple runs before having to bring them back to the main base.