Hordes, and a new Cataclysm

Hot damn, this is a whole new cataclysm. One that puts the nomadic lifestyle on a premium. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to hide in a basement during the day just to make a run for it in the night. If there’s anything I don’t like, it’s that I’m pretty sure they are attracted to my wheelbarrow colliding with some bushes, but I’m not sure.

How have hordes changed your play?

It’s certainly changed how I play, mostly because I realized how close everything is. I thought my 8 tile out shelter was good enough but playing with hoards I realized that a 8 tile away city is only like a 10 min walk. Nomadic is the way to go till you can kill the whole hoard(I have not).

What’s a good vehicle set up for wander spawns? Do larger engines make more noise?

Yes, they do! Electric engines are generally quieter than gas, but they can’t take a muffler. A bicycle or folding wheelchair would effectively be silent since muscle engines don’t make noise, and you’re not gonna get 'em above 500MPH (you get noise from simply moving that fast, no matter what).

Is that Mach 1? The devs think of everything. It’s like Nethack, only better.

Is that Mach 1? The devs think of everything. It’s like Nethack, only better.[/quote]

761.2 MPH at sea level, actually. And we try.