Help finding labs?

I just started my first game of cataclysm in about two years, and I’ve noticed labs seem way harder to find now; so much so that I haven’t found a single one. The last time I played, I remember labs being so common that about 1/3 of my characters would spawn with a lab already revealed on the map. Now, I’ve spent my entire first season looking for one, and haven’t found a single one. I’ve driven past at least 30 towns/cities in my mobile base, and have looted 4 military bunkers, but have yet to see a single lab. So are they just incredibly rare now, or am I incredibly unlucky? Or do labs spawn differently now?

What are your world settings? If you play in a world with highly unstandard parameters labs won’t always spawn.

1 Like

If you go to a refugee center and take quests from the local doctor, second quest is always leading to a lab. Well, assuming you have static NPCs enabled.

1 Like

with some mods lab entrances are in houses basements. Try explore map with debug mode - reveal overmap to see if it is a case (perhaps with new world if you don’t like spoilers)

1 Like

Try explore map with debug mode - reveal overmap to see if it is a case (perhaps with new world if you don’t like spoilers)

I tried this, and miraculously, it revealed two labs in close proximity to me. I’m not sure how this is possible, given that the area that I actually explored is much, MUCH larger than the area I revealed with debug, but I guess I’ll chalk it up to really bad luck. Also, I’ll be sure to try that refugee center quest next time I have trouble finding a lab.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Not to be a bother but how do I turn on dubug mode? Ive gone into the debug section of the settings (thats were I expected it to be) but I found nothing sorry again for asking.

I meant use debug menu and choose reveal map option. “debug mode” was kind of shortcut :slight_smile:

http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Debug_Menu

1 Like

Thank you this is very helpful :slight_smile: