Help! Barricading!

How to barricade doors/windows? And how to construct doors and windows?

Use the * key. That’s SHIFT+8 on windows, no idea on mac.

Any tools needed?

Duct Tape, nail and wood, or bookshelvea and the strength to move them.

If you got a spear and don’t feel too dirty about fighting, you can also dump two obstacles in the way and simply ‘f’ anyone up because you got the range and they need to clamber over two objects that’ll slow them down in an insane way.

wait, spears have a 2tile range in the experimental? pawsome

Yep, if you use the 'f’ire key you can do a reach attack, which can be very overpowered in many situations, since combining it with sprint you can just kite them till they die.

Yep, if you use the 'f’ire key you can do a reach attack, which can be very overpowered in many situations, since combining it with sprint you can just kite them till they die.[/quote] Sprint?

Running in the experimental

Press " (Shift+’ ) to sprint.

If only I’d seen this today, I could have boarded up my house and not had a hole put in my chest while I was running to the evac shelter. Sigh. 4 days, 98 kills (thanks to an awl pike from a mansion). Getting better. =)

Shift key plus + key = run/walk?

Does this add increased damage to melee? Increase “getting weapon stuck”?

Just grabbed the latest 4 minutes ago. Curious how running will be used. ^^ feel free to use those 2 ideas if possible to implement. I hate melee but people will love it if they can “drop kick” or close line a zombie lol

sorry to burst your bubble, but it only increases your move speed at the cost of stamina that could instead be used swinging heavy objects. Running out of stamina runs a very temporary super debuf aka catching your breath that includes: heavy thirst, hunger, IIRC… strength, dex, int, and perception debuff for the span of about a ‘turn’ or so.

Depending on mouth encumbrance, too, if you’re wearing a gas mask for smokers/bloats you’ll need more than a few seconds of break to get going again.

^ reason why I typically try to stick with 0 encumbrance mouth gear where possible. Especially early game when I need every advantage I can get in a fight, and I always forget to turn off run if I don’t have sounds on.

Wearing a gasmask protects you from the flu and colds. Always wear a gasmask. Always. If you have to sprint you’ve done it wrong.

shhh I haven’t gotten far enough yet that frequent flu/cold is an issue

My characters tend to come down with the flu/colds on day 1 or 2…quite annoying.

Ive seen it happen once, or twice with my characters so far. But not usually that agrivating a problem. Especially if I am in need of a day home and have non-drowsy cough syrup… which is pretty common.