Help adding a new place_special

Hey folks. trying add a new furniture item similar to the toilet, a water dispenser.
Unfortunately everything I’ve tried so far seems to fail horribly.

Getting a furn_set error, any ideas? Does the furniture item itself need to be in the furniture.json?

CODE or GTFO. :wink:

No idea how to add new furniture, but showing us what you tried so far in code should help. (Or, better, make a branch on github and link towards that).

Git1
Git2
Git3.

src/mapgen.cpp:10850:20: error: use of undeclared identifier 'f_cooler' furn_set(x, y, f_cooler);

Think I need to add the cooler furniture item to the furniture.json? Not a clue.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:3, topic:5218”] Git1
Git2
Git3.

src/mapgen.cpp:10850:20: error: use of undeclared identifier 'f_cooler' furn_set(x, y, f_cooler);

Think I need to add the cooler furniture item to the furniture.json? Not a clue.[/quote]

Yeah, probably. (Never made furniture, but in general registering your Stuff in its file tends to help.)

It looks like you’re using f_cooler to define the furniture item, but that’s not been defined in mapdata or the furnlist - I believe that adding it to the JSON should auto-include it in the furnlist, but you may also need to update the big list in mapdata.

edit - typed f_toilet instead of f_cooler

Use “f_cooler” instead of f_cooler.

f_cooler is a variable that gets set when the furniture is loaded from json. “f_cooler” works the same, it is transformed into the proper furniture id when it’s actually used.

[quote=“BevapDin, post:6, topic:5218”]Use “f_cooler” instead of f_cooler.

f_cooler is a variable that gets set when the furniture is loaded from json. “f_cooler” works the same, it is transformed into the proper furniture id when it’s actually used.[/quote]

ORZ.

Mega thanks guys, will edit and test pronto.