Heating and AC in vehicles

I haven’t seen any way to use or add heating/AC systems to vehicles, and I’ve seen them discussed and suggested quite a lot. Are they in the game? If not, will they ever be?

i dont think they are in but adding them in would be pretty cool

imagine making a huge room and just make it cold asf and use it to store your perishable food ? kinda like a walk in fridge but better than the actual fridge ( if that made sense )

[quote=“Gnorse, post:2, topic:12167”]i dont think they are in but adding them in would be pretty cool

imagine making a huge room and just make it cold asf and use it to store your perishable food ? kinda like a walk in fridge but better than the actual fridge ( if that made sense )[/quote]

Rimworld has a similar mechanic for cold storage and maintaining the temperature of your colonists when the weather or season gets too hot or too cold. It also plays into food spoilage and hydroponics for growing food indoors.

But it does sound like a cool idea (no pun intended).

Although If you were running with the Rimworld idea, you’d need to factor in;

[ul][li]the insular qualities of structures (what the walls are made of) [/li]
[li]the coverage radius (the size of the area to be cooled/warmed)[/li]
[li]the power balancing costs to keep the AC running[/li][/ul]

I think the climate control system is already there - whenever you enter your car your body temperature gets to Comfortable irrelevant of clothes. I didn’t test this with extreme stuff like entry suit or full winter gear in sunny summer though. But it doesn’t make sense wearing all those peacoats in summer anyways so I’m fine with current state of it.

Vehicles are automatically better suited for you than the outside air. Damage or open air spaces reduce or even eliminate this benefit.

Of course the place you’re in should be tagged as Internal for this to work, that was obvious :slight_smile:

Im saying that damaged roof tiles will actually leak water during rain, and damaged doors and windows will leak out your heat during the night. And let rain in too.

Added your information to the wiki. Didn’t know that : http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Vehicles#Vehicles_and_the_environment