Granola/Energy Bars

So i was looking at the Soldier/SpecOp profession and wondering why it didn’t start with any kind of food source. Then i looked through the “wishlist” and noticed there weren’t any sort of granola bars or energy bars, both of which i would expect a soldier type to carry on their person.

Any plans to put either ones (or something similar) in the game?

Is there any way to start a profession with water in a container other than the default plastic bottles? Like say, a plastic canteen?

I don’t know what you’re talking about. The bionic prepper has a plastic canteen. That works nicely.

Have you heard of “Pemmican”? Neither had I, but it’s even better than a granola bar.

Pemmican sounds better than MREs to me, but maybe the military has a reason to have remarkably terrible food(from what I’ve read).

In any case, you are aware that the game starts five days after the Cataclysm began? You probably did have food, earlier.

As best as I can tell, none of the professions start with food. I’d assume the survivor ate that between going to the shelter and the start of the game. That’s just my guess though.

I’m pretty sure granola existed for a while. I don’t recall it being removed.

Currently no.

Yeah, but its empty. Any water defaults to being stored in a plastic bottle.

And i just find it weird that they aren’t in the game, when im sure every (IRL) grocery store has hundreds of them.

Granola is included in the recipe list and its a non perishable food.

Pemmican and aspic are also available which yes they DO provide a decent substitute, but they’re fattening as all hell… It’s like eating greasy hard meat flakes with spongy dried fruit, its an acquired taste I promise you.

Though I’ve never tried aspic, i’m told it’s similar to a Pork Pie save for a lot more jellied fat…

As for energy bars, I think that’d be a decent idea. Perhaps something which increases nutrition and speed/fatigue as opposed to soft drinks and coffee which increase quench and fatigue.
I wouldn’t call it a substitute for coffee, but a supplement to an extended need for energy.

Whenever i see the granola in-game, i think of it in a loose form, kinda like trail mix or something. Thats why i suggested having actual factory made granola bars.

You can find the current granola on store shelves - it’s not only craftable - so that stuff likely came from a factory somewhere.

Imagine it as a solid bar or a bag of loose crumbs; neither one changes its nutritional content or function.

MRE’s are the “nice food”, ok thay can be pretty carp but there at lest food.
What is truly dreadful are the emergency survival bars.
There just compressed lumps of vitamins and sugars that look and taste like giant dish washer tablets.

Now the good thing about them is they last for ever and every one can eat them.

This is a German emergency survival bar

There just compressed lumps of vitamins and sugars that look and taste like giant dish washer tablets.

This is a German emergency survival bar[/quote]
I feel like living off of these for a week. Though that might just be because this has a pleasant “Lemon-vanilla” flavor. I can’t recall that ever being a common combination, but I don’t notice vanilla anywhere.

This is a German emergency survival bar[/quote]
I feel like living off of these for a week. Though that might just be because this has a pleasant “Lemon-vanilla” flavor. I can’t recall that ever being a common combination, but I don’t notice vanilla anywhere.[/quote]

A friend of mine who served said his were okay, at the very least the main meals were tasty.

Though after like a fortnight of using them he said he had horrible constipation…

I just hope you dont have tender bowels then.