Irradiated Foods?

I’m something of a poor man so I don’t have access to even middle-class stuff… Can anyone confirm how common irradiated foods are? For preservation I mean. It might be nice to have access to irradiated foods (at a less common spawn rate) in grocery stores.

Irradiated foods last longer among other things but that’s the main thing it’d do in game. Last longer (if not indefinitely)

Would it be common-place enough to add them? Or can a dev tell me if they’d like them in the game? As it stands it’d mostly be a means of getting non-rotten fruits and vegetables after day 6. XD

1 Like

Personally I’ve never seen any irradiated foods in stores in the area I live in (with a few exceptions, such as shelf-stable bacon). I can’t confirm how likely it would be farther east of here though.

I was watching 28 Days Later recently and saw the scene in the grocery store, and at least according to Wikipedia it confirms that irradiated foods will last longer, if not indefinitely, while having no radioactive “leftovers”

It might be a nice addition to have

Yeah, they are not popular in America, because we can’t tell the difference between “irradiated” and “radioactive”. Blame public schools or TV or something.

Think we’d be able to work it in under the “It’s the future” line? Non-perishable fruits & vegtbles would be nice.

I think we would. :slight_smile:

Necro-ing this to ask if it could be made possible to use these irradiated fruits in recipes other than “fruit leather”…?
I often like to make jam early on in the game since it keeps longer, and these aren’t usable (as of ver. 0.9-3223-g0e4535) in that, or any other recipes aside from a few drinks.
Wouldn’t it make sense to be able to use them in any fruit recipes?
EG: fruit jam, cooked fruit, dehydrated fruit, canned fruit, vacuum packed fruit slices, etc.

It would be a fairly simple matter for them to be added to other recipes, yeah (though someone still would need to do it, obviously :P).

[quote=“Sirent Odour, post:7, topic:4093”]Necro-ing this to ask if it could be made possible to use these irradiated fruits in recipes other than “fruit leather”…?
I often like to make jam early on in the game since it keeps longer, and these aren’t usable (as of ver. 0.9-3223-g0e4535) in that, or any other recipes aside from a few drinks.
Wouldn’t it make sense to be able to use them in any fruit recipes?
EG: fruit jam, cooked fruit, dehydrated fruit, canned fruit, vacuum packed fruit slices, etc.[/quote]

[size=36pt]NOW WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?[/size]
:smiley:

HURRR DURRR[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/1661bbp][/URL]

it was mostly for the fruit jam thing… it has better nutrition/quench than in straight up fruit form.