Getting used to clothing?

So I remember reading in a few places that the longer you wear certain gear, up to a cap of course, your character becomes more adept at fighting in it, and doing basic activities in it. Though I can’t seem to find anything on it now at this point, is this still the case or am I just insane?

I don’t know who told you that, but they lied.

4 Likes

like, they totally lied to you, maybe they tried to say that if you fight with more encumbrance you get exp for the skills relatively faster/easier, like for dodge iirc. dunno if its still valid though

Hm, are you sure you didn’t mix up Dwarf Fortress with CDDA?

…well… :wink:

I’ve also never heard of something like this. It’s possible that there is/was a mod, or - as Ragno stated - it was that “helps leveling up dodge faster the more encumbered you are” statement. However, I think that was debunked at some point (unless it has changed since then, I’ve not checked the source code)…
Associated reddit post:
https://old.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/733zu2/training_skills_at_high_levels/dnp4jo1/

They probably intended to convey that a particular level of encumbrance is less of a problem once you get your skills up.

There was that comment about how activating a spear strap or similar item to wield your spear or whatever was awkward and slow but that you would improve with practice. Perhaps this is what was meant.