Gas stations

How 'bout filling the area around most of them with mostly gutted cars, maybe set a few on fire?

Are you using a current version? Because as it stands right now there is always three or four cars in various states of repair outside gas stations.

And about 100 littered around town.

But a few on fire is a cool idea.

I’m unsure about the plausibility of having any of the cars still be on fire 5 days into the apocalypse unless they crashed/were lit on fire that very day.
The lifespan of fire that isn’t being fed more fuel is generally measured in minutes or hours.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:4, topic:3059”]I’m unsure about the plausibility of having any of the cars still be on fire 5 days into the apocalypse unless they crashed/were lit on fire that very day.
The lifespan of fire that isn’t being fed more fuel is generally measured in minutes or hours.[/quote]

Good point.

Fire is such a cool aspect on the game though.

Would be awesome to see some stuff burning when you went into town.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:5, topic:3059”]Good point.

Fire is such a cool aspect on the game though.

Would be awesome to see some stuff burning when you went into town.[/quote]
Maybe once NPCs are more developed we’ll see more random fires around, though I guess it is plausible for some fires in town just because you aren’t the LMOE, you’re just one survivor among many, and the more people there are the more dumbasses are around.

Consider that the game has already been running for 5 days now before it actually starts. Most fires would probably have burnt out by that point.

I was thinking more that there’s a chance that a survivor lit something on fire accidentally, some time more recently.
Considering the number of houses I’ve burned down trying to cook a piece of meat, it seems kinda plausible an NPC might be equally bad at fire safety.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:8, topic:3059”]I was thinking more that there’s a chance that a survivor lit something on fire accidentally, some time more recently.
Considering the number of houses I’ve burned down trying to cook a piece of meat, it seems kinda plausible an NPC might be equally bad at fire safety.[/quote]

hahaha, i’ve yet to do that luckily.

I’ve wasted alot of skewers/lights on fires in the rain though.

Makes me wanted to make my house fireproof thinking about it…