Game unable to run on Windows 10

Go ahead and call me a dumb shit for getting windows 10, but pretty much everything on it has worked for me well enough. And hey, windows 10 automagicaly finding drivers for things like Network Cards was a nice touch. Except now Cataclysm won’t work anymore. Neither the current Cooper version, nor the experimental. I’ve been pulling the latest Experimental repeatedly over the course of a few weeks, and it’s never worked.

Now every time I try to start the game, it just pulls up the terminal, and then Instantly crashes straight to my desktop. No error report is left behind at all, so I can’t figure out what the hell is going wrong.

Anyone know a fix for Windows 10? I really want to get straight to using the new Tank Mod to build a Baneblade for my latest survivor.

Sounds like you’re using the terminal build, have you tried the tiles build?
If not, have you tried the terminal build? <_<
MS might have adjusted something about how either SDL or terminal support works, but hopefully they haven’t broken both of them.

I asked someone on IRC that has Windows 10 check both versions and they’re reporting no crash.
I’d still suggest trying whichever build you don’t normally use.

I just pulled the latest experimental of the Windows Graphical, and for once it didn’t immediately CTD. On a side note, Windows finally bothered to actually do something I can see, and by that it asked me if I wanted to trust the game(And saying it was a smart-tile program that isn’t set up properly).

First error(Surprisingly enough, I’m happy to see this. I’m pretty used to this kinda stuff when tinkering around in Experimental): http://puu.sh/k7eGC/67bf6c68e9.png

And from there, I got to the main menu. Well, I guess this problem somehow fixed itself with pulling the latest version. Either that, or W10’s automatic updates did something that made it slightly more compatible again. Sorry to waste your time then Kevin.

Yet another reason I’m sticking with 7 until this 2009 PC falls apart. o3o

Though from the looks of it, if updating to the latest experimental fixed it, it must’ve been an initially-unnoticed build error. The remaining error you’ve screencapped sounds like a modding error instead.

If you unpacked the latest experimental on top of the older one, the cause of that warning is that it now has two copies of the mod, I believe it was renamed recently.

Oh wow. People actually make that error? ._.

I will be sticking with Win 7 for a while. Good to hear that our beautiful game does work with 10 though… :slight_smile:

I’ve been running 0.C curses in Win10 since the day the free Win10 upgrade was released–almost two months ago.

Haven’t had any problems with Cataclysm.

I did have to reinstall some Steam games, though.