Future of humans in Cataclysm DDA

What I’m really missing is a reason for the players (and the humans) to survive in this cataclysmic world.

I don’t mean “killing a zombie from the seventh dimension with a black hole cannon” but a simple reason to live there. You’re survivor but what’s next? I’ve killed thousend of creatures; I’m close to unbeatable because I have everything, but why should I wish to live longer? In the current game you simple live 'til your death (I don’t know if age is part of the game) and after that the human civilization is wiped out forever.

Where are the surviving children? Are there plans in secured areas to build up a new human civilization ? I often stop the game at a point because I don’t know what to do next : Exploring the 20th lab? Running through the 12th city? Killing the 5.000 th zombie?

I hope you understand what I mean. I can’t decribe it better (english isn’t my native language). Are there areas out the where the humans are unaffacted? Is the cataclysm global? Can you leave the infected continent to find another land where other non infected people live? I think about planes on airports. Maybe even a new profession : pilot.

1. surviving children, families: future content.
  2. Build settlements and take land back from the assorted horrors: planned.
  3. Join factions of various kinds (human and non-human): planned.
  4. Leave the “infested area” and return to “normalcy”: not planned.

Wait, does that mean that we might have wandering NPC families in the near future?

@Kevin Granada

Sounds very good! Thank you

@Aravhorn

Why not? But if there are families : I hope the parents don’t waste their ammuniton shooting squirrels and the child don’t run into the line of fire g.

( I sometimes became injured because a guy with a flamethrower shot a racoon close to me.)

(Yes, it happened to my character too, but the NPC decided that it was a good idea to use his flamethrower near a gas pump… but at least, my char made it out alive.)

Wait, does that mean that we might have wandering NPC families in the near future?[/quote]

Not sure about “near future” bit.

I’ve always wondered the same thing. If the blob is so widespread that animals are infected by it and the only safe non-blob sources were bottled pre-blob, what’s the point? Is it just the human condition now that everyone becomes a zombie when they die no matter what?

That could certainly be the case. It’s definitely possible that post-Cata culture could lead to a world where it’s normal to be immediately executed a second time upon your actual death.

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

Ah, yes. An unforgettable piece of ancient Chinese wisdom.

Wait, does that mean that we might have wandering NPC families in the near future?[/quote]

Not sure about “near future” bit.[/quote]

Wandering, not so much. Static, quite possible.