Funnels not collecting

Except that makes no sense. If there are no containers under the funnel, they what is there to hold the water?

It seems to work fine for me (as of 0.8). My current setup has a funnel (makeshift or otherwise) right outside each of the windows of the shelter, with a single gallon jug beneath each. Seems to work just fine, provided Iā€™m inside doing something when itā€™s raining (current favorite is cooking charcoal, which takes an hour at a time). That said, it IS a little tedious collecting and replacing the jugs each time.

Itā€™d be nice if you could make rainwater barrels of some kind, with a spigot or something for transferring the contents into another container. The most convenient setup would make said barrels work sort of like toilets currently do; a standing water source that you can fill other containers from at need, or use directly. That way, you could build your furnace right next to the window, and boil (acid) rainwater directly, without all the hassle of running aroundā€¦ or transfer off any of the water you need to transfer without much trouble.

[quote=ā€œEndovior, post:22, topic:2981ā€]It seems to work fine for me (as of 0.8). My current setup has a funnel (makeshift or otherwise) right outside each of the windows of the shelter, with a single gallon jug beneath each. Seems to work just fine, provided Iā€™m inside doing something when itā€™s raining (current favorite is cooking charcoal, which takes an hour at a time). That said, it IS a little tedious collecting and replacing the jugs each time.

Itā€™d be nice if you could make rainwater barrels of some kind, with a spigot or something for transferring the contents into another container. The most convenient setup would make said barrels work sort of like toilets currently do; a standing water source that you can fill other containers from at need, or use directly. That way, you could build your furnace right next to the window, and boil (acid) rainwater directly, without all the hassle of running aroundā€¦ or transfer off any of the water you need to transfer without much trouble.[/quote]

Thatā€™s a very good idea.

I found the bug, funnels only catch water into containers that have the ā€œresealableā€ trait!

If you ainā€™t believing test yourself, spawn in a bunch of bottles and jars,pans and pots and funnels and change the weather to raining ot thunder and in 3000 heartbeats you will see da bug

Did a quick test forā€¦

My build is 0.C-26323-gc6b7910c3e

Havenā€™t noticed any of the issues people are reporting. My 60 Liter vehicle tanks seem to fill up just fine regardless of what Iā€™m doing or how often I leave and come back.

AAAH! Thread necromancer! Run for your life! I knew that bronies were heretics! And nobody believed me! Now we have proof, and they must be purged by righteous fire!
You do realize this was 4 years ago right? I donā€™t know if anything actually changed in this category, but within the span of over a year it would not be surprising.

3 Likes

But my (mobile version) game has this bug and making 2 identical topics didenā€™t seem like a good idea