Foodco Kitchen Buddy's Water Purifier bug? 0.A Stable

Version 0.A Stable

So earlier I tried to purify 126-128 unit’s of water in a metal tank, but I was informed that I couldn’t do so because the amount to be purified exceeded the water purifier’s battery capacity, but the thing is it’s attached to a modified APC with lots of solar panels and car/truck/storage batteries. The energy gauge is at 37% in 3 truck batteries, 9 storage batteries, and 2 car batteries. I’m pretty sure that’s more than enough to purify that amount.

The exact message I got was: “You don’t have enough charges in your purifier to purify all of the water.”

Is this normal? If it is I guess I could pour the water into another container then purify it.

[quote=“Omnicast, post:1, topic:5760”]Version 0.A Stable

So earlier I tried to purify 126-128 unit’s of water in a metal tank, but I was informed that I couldn’t do so because the amount to be purified exceeded the water purifier’s battery capacity, but the thing is it’s attached to a modified APC with lots of solar panels and car/truck/storage batteries. The energy gauge is at 37% in 3 truck batteries, 9 storage batteries, and 2 car batteries. I’m pretty sure that’s more than enough to purify that amount.

The exact message I got was: “You don’t have enough charges in your purifier to purify all of the water.”

Is this normal? If it is I guess I could pour the water into another container then purify it.[/quote]It defaults to a purifier with 100 charges, regardless of how much charge you have in your batteries.

I think that should be amended.

Made an issue out of it: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/7075

Ya that’s what I was thinking too. Seems silly for it to have a charge limit when it’s running off a battery on a vehicle.

Thanks for posting it on Github!

Sorry about that, when I made the kitchen buddy I just reused code from the hotplate. I only set it to give 100 charges because that’s all a water purifier will normally hold, and I was afraid if I went over that it would break something. I’m not a very good coder, so figuring out something more complex (like channeling the water to the vehicle’s tank) was beyond me, although that was something that I had wanted to do.

On a related note, do people like the name FOODCO kitchen buddy? I just sort of made it up as a placeholder thinking I would come up with something better, but I sort of forgot.

It’s fine I have almost no coding skill myself so I can’t say anything. XD

As for instant purifying and channeling water… how about a dirty water tank system? Since it seems Kevingranade doesn’t like instant water purifying…

1. Add unfiltered water into one tank. So there’ll be two water gauges? One for clean and one for unclean?
  2. Turn on water purifier at the controls. Like the headlights/recharging station.
  3. Go do something else while the water purifier… uhh purifies… ya…
  4. Profit! Clean water! To drink and dirty again!

After the water is filtered/purified it’s automagically pumped into any clean water tanks available.

you mean the RONCO? it the one that won my “i laugh happily everytime i use it award”, best item name in the game thingie! +2 internets!