Flesh should obscure our vision

With this in place, schools would become a lot more Fun!

Ooh Ooh! If zombies are piled together onto a tile, when you shoot at the tile, if you miss one zombie, would it have the chance to hit one of the other ones?

Re: Crowding

Maybe for purely balance related reasons, shockers, spitters, masters, necromancers, and a handful of other “kill this one first” zombies shouldn’t be able to share squares? I’d say any special zombies, but tough, fat, crawler, decayed, etc aren’t really so unique anyone’s going to be targetting them first.

Other than that, I have to say that this will make crowd control, which I generally don’t bother with, much more important! Fire, explosives, etc.

Tangential:

Using this ‘push’ mechanic, could we somehow involve things like “rebar spiked” walls and vehicle plating that zombies could be impaled upon by the weight of zombies behind them? The zombie would then be trapped on that square impaled, still alive (more or less) on metal spikes for the player to deal with later, at their leisure. The walls would be smashable, but with a zombie on it, it armors it against other standard zeds and helps keep the horde at bay, until a Hulk comes smashing through both the crowd and takes out both the wall and the zombie stuck to it at least.

Just an idea! I’ve heard (though I’ve not experienced hordes yet tbh) that the standard method of dealing with one is to just leave and lure it away. Though it should remain really darn difficult, I’d like to see some options for digging in and defending it like a badass.

PS. How do you feel about a player (strength based) “shove” (or kick)? Primarily to push a zombie back one tile (MAYBE further with high strength relative to enemy size) for escape purposes, but also to shove them into impalement obstacles like the one I mentioned above or into pits. Failed attempts get you bit, but the zombie might counterattack the arms with a bite anyway, since you’re essentially presenting them with a tasty limb.

With 7 strength you could try and shove normal human sized Zs, but you’d probably require a significant boost via cybernetics or mutations to shove larger things like zombears. Really large creatures like Hulks, Jabberwocks, etc shouldn’t be shovable, for obvious reasons.

… that got bigger than I was anticipating. Should I make my own thread for these?

I am good/not good with this. Mixed feelings. Maybe it could be a good idea, handled well.

My impression is yes.

@rutilant
Heh, shoving has more to do with mass & momentum (and leverage, wa wa martial artists) than sheer strength. Even if you’re a bionic superwarrior, if you plant your mega-hydro-foot on a 2-ton hulk, you’re going to be the one that moves.
But, if we ever get the chance to become a super-bionic bear-mutant, well, now who’s the hulk?
But this is off-topic.

And then you have the issue of players jetpacking around by kicking things heavier than themselves, launching themselves a dozen tiles by kicking trucks with their 30 strength super-feet.

[abbr=Like, seriously, that strikes me as a legit feature for bionic-commandos]You say that like it’s a bad thing.[/abbr]

[abbr=Like, seriously, that strikes me as a legit feature for bionic-commandos]You say that like it’s a bad thing.[/abbr][/quote]
Yeah, that sounds like a feature, not a problem lol

Made a thread here