Firefighters pretty good

When you start as a firefighter, its always nice to start out in a burning building, for you have an really good chance of immediate survival. Another thing that is good is most zeds cannot hurt you easily for you have strong armor for early, for against normal zeds the turnout coat is impermiable.

Just a good way to start, i like slow firefighers with parkour expert.

Getting a random firefighter is a lot better draw than most. I am tempted to say, all, but I’ve not seen ALLLLL the randoms so…

Tempting. Almost makes me want to play again. Firefighters start out in a burning fire station, you say? Oh the irony. Do you have enough time to grab some spare kevlar stuff? Much of the firefighter gear are made of nomex and kevlar, and IIRC kevlar patches can be turned into a kevlar vest, which is great.

Let us ponder the possibilities of a firefighter who starts out with elevated tailoring skills.

Firefighters should cost a few more points honestly. I played a firefighter start and, with a sledgehammer I took from the station, was able to clear out an entire hospital in a day.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:3, topic:12133”]Tempting. Almost makes me want to play again. Firefighters start out in a burning fire station, you say? Oh the irony. Do you have enough time to grab some spare kevlar stuff? Much of the firefighter gear are made of nomex and kevlar, and IIRC kevlar patches can be turned into a kevlar vest, which is great.

Let us ponder the possibilities of a firefighter who starts out with elevated tailoring skills.[/quote]
there is a last firefighter start, and then there is a burning building start you can start as a firefighter.

also i donot think the firestation is flammable. it is brick

I think starts are not balanced. And are not really intended to be totally balanced.

Firefighter gear should lose the ‘stylish’ tag imho. Even if it goes against this: Briefcase does not give fancy bonus. Stylish Trait. · Issue #5868 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub (esp with the firefighter gear no being higher defence against fire etc iirc).

firestadion IS flammable, i learned it hard way

If you want an overpowered start try the “sheltered/ambushed > hardened survivor(not sure exactly)” scenario that starts in winter and with you in a cabin.

You start with heavy survivor fur suit/boots/gloves/hood/harnass and a kukri.

The only problem is getting enough salt/fat to tan fur hides to repair your furry gear.

The Last Firefighter is one of the easier starts for sure. For some reason nothing can really punch through your starting gear, and the fireaxes and bars you get are some of the best weapons in the game.

need more starts that favor other classes. or a class start option, where you start where you would normally be.

a computer hacker, hacking computers.
a tailor, a tailors shop.
a rabbi, a church
bartender, a bar
Scientist, a laboratory, aboveground.