Fire spread and bad loot

Concrete and metal shouldn’t be burning, but a lot of buildings are designed with Walls and Floors, which are made of wood, when they should actually be designed with Concrete Walls or Metal Walls and so on.

You can use the examine key (x by default I think) and scroll over to a square to look at it. Then pressing e will give you a description of the terrain type. This will let you be sure you’re not setting a fire by something that can burn.

If you want, you can change many building spawns through JSON pretty easily. You’d just want to replace entries for Walls and Floors.

Fire does definitely spread too fast through flammable buildings, and can’t be put out effectively with water, although fire extinguishers work if you get to it early.

1 Like

I didn’t know unloading water wouldn’t work. That’s unfortunate but good to know.

Yeah, i feel like that too hbut i forget my complain 10m later becose i keep playng

Small fires, and single tile medium intensity fires, can be managed with enough water.

A soda can worth of drank should be enough for a small fire. Ive had decent results with a glass bottle of potable water for medium ones.

P:

Rule of thumb is 1 unit of water per intensity fire. Fires range from 1 to 6 fire intensity. 1 and 2 are ‘small’, 3 and 4 are ‘fire’, and 5 and 6 are ‘raging’.

1 Like