Feeding Critters

Based on Mate’s idea: http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?topic=1325.0

Cat food already exists in-game, and I’ve read about people adopting/taming/whatever ravens, so perhaps Crows could be fed and made Friendly! too.

Perhaps having a Friendly! Dog/Cat/Crow around could provide a minor morale boost, perhaps with the PC being able to Chat with them. (Activating a 6-inch string on a Cat might be too much to ask. “You jiggle the string around for your Cat to attack.”)

This might also finally provide a reason to dump Mutagen on the ground, too…

You jiggle the string around for your Cat to attack
The rabid cat hits you in the arm.
You have a deep bite.

Aside from the visible symptoms of rabies, First Aid is available. Poor kitty. :frowning:

The wound becomes gangrenous after five turns.

You die!

Lol but seriously.

I think a crow could be attached with a camera to reveal the map in a random direction.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:1285”]The wound becomes gangrenous after five turns.

You die!

Lol but seriously.

I think a crow could be attached with a camera to reveal the map in a random direction.[/quote]
Gettin’ your Odin on, hm? Not a bad idea, and would be a benefit to finding eyebots.

You know despite cat food existing in the game you can’t actually befriend cats with it at the moment IIRC. Dog food works to befriend dogs, but cat food doesn’t have a “friend cat” use at all.

Seems like a straightforward copy/paste and edit job, though.

(I’m guessing cat food was originally put in as a Disgusting-But-Edible food, since some humans do eat it IRL.)

Or it could just be the nature of cats . . .

Anyway Hugin and Munin have my vote.

You and your 15 bear friends enter a hospital.
You and your 15 bear friends leave the hospital.

imagnine befriending a dog early game hes ok and warns you of some zombies while your sleeping.
late game you dump some mutagine on the ground for him.that night he doesnt wake you.you get up to room covered in dead hulks

maybe start at nil (it’s more a tool that walks) and have it increase over time as you get more attached? and the resulting morale loss when you see them torn to shreds in front of you. would have to be able to instill some sort of training as well so they don’t go running after ever. single. freaking. rabbit. when i tame a dog i usually know he’s still around by the fields of squirrel corpses i end up wandering through - outside of NPC quests i don’t think i’ve ever found a dog whistle.

i really like the mutation idea as well. the pet dog not so much (just watched i am legend so this is all very fresh in my mind).

[quote=“vultures, post:9, topic:1285”]You and your 15 bear friends enter a hospital.
You and your 15 bear friends leave the hospital.[/quote]

We all know how this ends. Ask Sigfried & Roy or Treadwell & Huguenard. Eventually, the bears would rip you to shreds and eat you. That could be the fun of it. Never knowing when it will happen, but dreading it every moment. I would suggest a cumulative 0.5%/day that the bears would attack the player, which would result in a 100% chance of attack after 200 days.

That moment when you open your eyes one morning and realize ‘CoCo The Bear’ has had enough of being called ‘CoCo’.

[quote=“Justice, post:12, topic:1285”][quote=“vultures, post:9, topic:1285”]You and your 15 bear friends enter a hospital.
You and your 15 bear friends leave the hospital.[/quote]

We all know how this ends. Ask Sigfried & Roy or Treadwell & Huguenard. Eventually, the bears would rip you to shreds and eat you. That could be the fun of it. Never knowing when it will happen, but dreading it every moment. I would suggest a cumulative 0.5%/day that the bears would attack the player, which would result in a 100% chance of attack after 200 days.

That moment when you open your eyes one morning and realize ‘CoCo The Bear’ has had enough of being called ‘CoCo’.[/quote]

Tranq darts and Animal loyalty chips.

Never worry about getting mauled by your beary good friends ever again.

“Faulty installation may cause wild animal to wake up both stimulated and eager to maul you.”