Cat

I saw a cat and decided to cook up some cat food and win myself a pet. after i made the cat food i tried to get near the cat, but everytime i got within 15 squares of it it began running frantically away, far faste than me. it ran from near my shelter to into the city. i chased after, knowing i only needed to be near it for an instant to feed it the cat food and win a friend, but it was no use. finnally i tricked the cat into running through a broken window, and cornered it in a house. i fed it the cat food and it became friendly. i was so happy! i tried to get it to follow me home but it decided it needed to kill all the wildlife. i chased it frantically as it ran after every animal in the map. when there were no animals it would follow me toward the shelter, but we were making little progress. it skirted the edge of the cleared zone and assualted a group of 3 zombies. i ran after them and attacked. the cat took down 2 zombies while i killed the third, but it was heavily injured. fortunately there were no animals and it began to follow me home. then a dog showed up.
RIP cat: we werent meant to be.

Lesson of the day :
next time, pick some dog food too.
:smiley:

Is there like, a cat bell or something that works like the dog whistle? Because the dog whistle lets you tell the dog to be passive rather than just KILL ALL THE THINGS!

Am I the only one impressed by the cat’s kill count of 2 Zombies?

I mean… you know…

a cat…?

Btw, how do you feed the cat with catfood? Last time I chased a cat down and tried to 'a’ctivate the cat food but then I ate it ._.

[quote=“Rookie, post:4, topic:4277”]Am I the only one impressed by the cat’s kill count of 2 Zombies?

I mean… you know…

a cat…?

Btw, how do you feed the cat with catfood? Last time I chased a cat down and tried to 'a’ctivate the cat food but then I ate it ._.[/quote]
in .9 stable activating cat food allows you to feed it to a cat.

Needs ability to grow catnip. "A"ctivating it near a cat has a tranquilizing effect. Cats also more likely to follow you if you are carrying some?

Also need ability to pick up and cuddle cats to transport them, since it’s more feasible with cats than it is with dogs.

Only if there is a random chance that, no matter how friendly you have been to the cat so far, it randomly claws the shit out of you and slips out of your arms. You know, like real cats

You attempt to pick up the cat.

The cat turns hostile!

The cat claws your head for 3 damage.
You are bleeding!

(a)ctivate Spray Bottle

You spray the cat, but the water reflects off the cat’s thick coat!

That is a cat. Fleeing!

slkgjsdfgsdfgsdhdf

You win.

Clayton kills and then skins the cat, using it’s pelt for a new hat.

Both in game and out of game.

I fucking hate cats.

/minirantover

I really really wish this was a forum where you could thumb up posts.

so how exactly do pets work in this game?

(I love cats. I’ve been wanting a cat in-game since I found out you could have dogs as followers.)

@HunterAlpha1 - Pets function largely like blobs from canisters of goo. Feed them and they will become “Friendly” and run around attacking things. Right now, there is no way to keep a cat from flinging itself at everything it sees, but if you acquire a dog whistle, you can “toggle” the aggressiveness of your dog.

cool! and will they ride in a vehicle with you? if so, do they require a seat or will they just ride anywhere?

Don’t get your hopes up, they do not really do much other than what kat avatar guy said.
They aren’t designed to ride in cars with you.

I imagine it could be possible.
But.
There was this one guy in the “show your vehicle thread” that complained that he could never
get his blob friends to stay in the car without getting crushed. (Only NPCs sit on seats)

ah well darn it, perhaps in some future experimental.

RIP Cat. You will be remembered as the most ferocious post apocalyptic feral animal, taking down two zombies.

Imagine if there was a mutation called “Animal call” that gave you the ability to imitate various animal calls, making them friendly to you.
Wildlife armyyyyyy!

[quote=“NeverGoWest, post:18, topic:4277”]RIP Cat. You will be remembered as the most ferocious post apocalyptic feral animal, taking down two zombies.

Imagine if there was a mutation called “Animal call” that gave you the ability to imitate various animal calls, making them friendly to you.
Wildlife armyyyyyy![/quote]+9001!!!

[quote=“Rookie, post:4, topic:4277”]Am I the only one impressed by the cat’s kill count of 2 Zombies?

I mean… you know…

a cat…?[/quote]

Having owned a cat that took down at least two ravens and a seagull with one eye, I’m not surprised really. They’re basically tiny lions after all.

edit: also bringing me their stinking fucking corpses