[Experimental Build] Weights seem off?

I’m posting this here instead of the github in case I’m just not understanding the weight system or something.
So I just started playing again after a long break, haven’t played since version 4 something. Made my character a standard archer build, started screwing around with the higher tier arrows for the first time, and metal arrows seemed heavier than I expected. Each arrow was coming up as a pound. I went on the wiki, and the weight was listed as 0.21 per arrow. Odd.

So I began comparing weights from the wiki and my game, and everything is wrong. Cooked meat is listed as 2, comes up as 0.5 in my game. Crowbar is listed as 9, in game 1.1. Now I know the wiki can be wrong, and perhaps there was some sort of weight system change, but the fact that the wiki listed meat and crowbar as heavier than the arrows and then meat’s lighter and crowbar almost the exact same weight made me post here to ask what’s up. I’m stumped.

Using the default weight system, lbs, on experimental version 0.7.1-529-g7f4207b.

On this version my character also seems to get colds as often as possible, I take vitamins when waking up and before sleep, and I get a cold usually a day or two after getting over the last 4 day cold. Thought I may as well mention that. Thanks in advance.

Wiki is outdated.

Yeah, I could tell it was outdated in certain ways, but I was hoping I was just encountering some sort of weight glitch, especially since all the pages I checked had been updated as recently as a week or two ago.
I don’t understand why they’d make metal arrows a pound each. They used to be lighter than heavy wood arrows, now they’re 5x the weight.

Well how much would metal arrows weigh irl?

When I try to look online, all that comes up for me are people talking about the pull weight of various bows.

In game, half a pound of scrap metal makes ten pounds of arrow shafts.

Well then deal with it. Unless you wanna use the catamodder and change the weight values then go for it. Also, the colds are random. You are just an unlucky person.

I’m here trying to find out if the weight is a bug. If you’re not someone with that knowledge, then your snarky reply is even more redundant. Take it out of the bug reports forum.

Fine then, I apologize.
I don’t apologize easy, though
MAUHUHAUHUAHSFBSHFSJF
But in all seriousness I’m sorry.
Actually, Kevin or GlyghGlygh should have said something about now

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:8, topic:2675”]Fine then, I apologize.
I don’t apologize easy, though
MAUHUHAUHUAHSFBSHFSJF
But in all seriousness I’m sorry.
Actually, Kevin or GlyghGlygh should have said something about now[/quote]

It’s all good. Maybe I’m a bit on edge from lugging around all these arrows while constantly having lowered strength from colds.

There recently was a weight overhaul that shifted the weight system from a strange random unit (which claimed to be 1/4 lb, but really wasn’t) to grams. The weight of a steel arrow is as accurate as was possible on a first guess, and was determined by taking one of the more dense woods commonly used in arrows, and then multiplying the gram weight by the factor of density of steel/density of arrow wood.

And yeah, it’s heavy, which is why you don’t commonly see steel arrows in real life (steel-tipped, maybe).

[quote=“i2amroy, post:10, topic:2675”]There recently was a weight overhaul that shifted the weight system from a strange random unit (which claimed to be 1/4 lb, but really wasn’t) to grams. The weight of a steel arrow is as accurate as was possible on a first guess, and was determined by taking one of the more dense woods commonly used in arrows, and then multiplying the gram weight by the factor of density of steel/density of arrow wood.

And yeah, it’s heavy, which is why you don’t commonly see steel arrows in real life (steel-tipped, maybe).[/quote]

Shit, okay, thanks. They didn’t turn out to be that much better than Heavy Wooden Arrows, anyway. Same amount of shots to kill zombies, and still mulched as often. I’d rather carry 5x the wooden arrows, hahaha.

[quote=“Conanthecanadian, post:11, topic:2675”][quote=“i2amroy, post:10, topic:2675”]There recently was a weight overhaul that shifted the weight system from a strange random unit (which claimed to be 1/4 lb, but really wasn’t) to grams. The weight of a steel arrow is as accurate as was possible on a first guess, and was determined by taking one of the more dense woods commonly used in arrows, and then multiplying the gram weight by the factor of density of steel/density of arrow wood.

And yeah, it’s heavy, which is why you don’t commonly see steel arrows in real life (steel-tipped, maybe).[/quote]

Shit, okay, thanks. They didn’t turn out to be that much better than Heavy Wooden Arrows, anyway. Same amount of shots to kill zombies, and still mulched as often. I’d rather carry 5x the wooden arrows, hahaha.[/quote]

Now THAT sounds like a bug. Solid steel arrows should not get damaged that easily. Short range & inaccurate due to excess mass…but NOT flimsy.

[quote=“KA101, post:12, topic:2675”][quote=“Conanthecanadian, post:11, topic:2675”][quote=“i2amroy, post:10, topic:2675”]There recently was a weight overhaul that shifted the weight system from a strange random unit (which claimed to be 1/4 lb, but really wasn’t) to grams. The weight of a steel arrow is as accurate as was possible on a first guess, and was determined by taking one of the more dense woods commonly used in arrows, and then multiplying the gram weight by the factor of density of steel/density of arrow wood.

Shit, okay, thanks. They didn’t turn out to be that much better than Heavy Wooden Arrows, anyway. Same amount of shots to kill zombies, and still mulched as often. I’d rather carry 5x the wooden arrows, hahaha.[/quote]

Now THAT sounds like a bug. Solid steel arrows should not get damaged that easily. Short range & inaccurate due to excess mass…but NOT flimsy.[/quote]

I’ve been experiencing a ton of bugs in this git version, but I haven’t been reporting them because I’m too lazy to check if they’re already known or not. Most frustrating right now is the notes on the map being there, but not being visually represented by any letter. I can only tell they’re there by highlighting the square and having the name pop up in the corner.