Endgame Goals

So, I’m at the point where survival is no longer a pressing concern. I’ve got tons of food and water, have stockpiled plenty of crafting material, guns and ammo due to my daily forays into town. I’ve practically wiped out almost all zombies with my trusty longbow (Archery skill now at 8, I can take down brutes before they even get close) and I’ve got almost free reign over the entire area.

At this point I’m quite at a loss for what to do, so I’d like to know - Do you guys set any endgame goals for your characters? Is there anything interesting or challenging that I could possibly attempt?

No.

(Just kidding: You just gotta set yourself goals. Mine tend to be to do with getting all CBMed up, or building a megatank, or an awesome base, or becoming the world’s best mutant.)

“Almost” free reign. That’s one potential goal.

At some point I think I’ll have my combat-monster map out the subways. That’ll be interesting–kinda looking forward to this rat-king I keep hearing about. I wonder if it’ll last longer than the stuff I found in the mines…

No.

Well you’re no fun. :wink:

But seriously, that sort of exploratory goal is one of the driving features of Cata. My 02Feb map has all manner of city (hospital, megastore, tons & tons of labs, two mines, and a temple) yet no sewage plant. So, I’ve got massive overmap coverage from the labs but no idea how the sewers or subway work, so…that’s probably the next major target.

Kill all the Fungal spires you can find, then kill all the triffid hearts, then go into portals and kick some nether world ass-thing.

[quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:885”]“Almost” free reign. That’s one potential goal.

At some point I think I’ll have my combat-monster map out the subways. That’ll be interesting–kinda looking forward to this rat-king I keep hearing about. I wonder if it’ll last longer than the stuff I found in the mines…[/quote]

Well, that’s true. I’ve also spotted a couple of subway entrances so I could also explore the depths …

Sounds fun! I was thinking of training unarmed and wrestling a hulk but invading portals are a great idea too :slight_smile:

My end goal would be to have a motherfuckin’ tank and take down a swamp. I hat swamps.

So you go through swamps in a tank just to place a hat? What kind of hat(s) do you use?

As for endgame goals, I am currently fortifying a LMOE shelter taken about a season so far and it’s not even 1/2 ways done and that’s with easy access wood (as in surrounded with trees)

Actually, I’ve recently stopped dressing sensibly and I now have a top hat, dress shirt and shoes and suit. Just because you live in an apocalyptic wasteland doesn’t mean you cannot have style.

Do you also go around with a cup of tea in your hand and speak with a British accent?

Now, seriusly, explore. I exploded a town the first day (love mininukes… sometimes) and built myself a goo’l fashioned fortress using tons of wood. Got enough food from a random crate in the middle of the street (?) that was full of mres, water, first aid, a wepon! and ammo. After 2 days I died cause I tried to break into a lab with c-4 (Protip: never set the timer to 1 or accidentally press 1)
Exploring is fun as long as you have a weapon, a house (or fortress full of deadly traps), food and enough skills to kill and survive

Ahah, no, I cannot be bothered to cook anything more complex than meat-on-a-stick. I do drink copious amount of whiskey and smoke only cigars. :slight_smile: