Electricity for buildings a la vehicles

If this is true, then I’d suggest these devs come to terms with that reality. Think of it as an occupational hazard. But even so, there might arise ideas to tackle the presented problems - a condition which has to be accepted; individuals who feel confident they can find a solution that’s the least unpleasant to execute, or individuals who just want to know why or why not, out of purest curiosity. We can’t just outright ban certain relevant topics for all eternity… The discussion, the revisit to a subject must take place again every now and then. We must not become old and rigidly jaded in our old-man thoughts. I guess this is also a conflict between “accepting realities” and “not giving up”.

It would be easier and more functional to just make each appliance a 1 part vehicle and reusing jumper cable code for connections.

That’s a neat idea.

Also making it work for only one submap is IMHO an acceptable limitation given you’re jury-rigging something.

If youhow big is a submap, may I ask?

I assume the size of a mansion? or any other predetermined map structure larger than one tile? Honestly I imagine that would be more work than its worth, at least initially. Seems like it would be a better use of time to just make it one map tile limit with modular design so multi map can be added later if its really that important to people… then again I guess this isn’t really Tekkit where you have to worry about chunk boundaries… so Yeah.

The problem with one small map tile only is that it would be really weird to be able to connect X thing here in the border of the map tile but not be able to connect juuust one tile away from it, like some invisible barrier. At least I think that.

right and as I said, this isn’t tekkit, so there is no reason for me to just up and apply those limitations here where they don’t belong.

I’m going to be honest when I say I’ve only recently got into cdda in the last 2 months but otherwise have seen a lot of videos about the topic of Base building prior too.

If we ignored making buildings their own entities and trying to mess with jumper cables, would it be possible to make a specific vehicle/ construction tile that connected between layers that would carry electricity from a basement pedal source to an upstairs electrical grid?

We could keep the same vehicle system but could build most of our grid downstairs (battery Banks) or upstairs (solar panel farm) if it would be possible in the first place. But like I said prior to, I am still new and don’t know if I’m saying is feasible.