Eager for stealth to be added

Just post if you are or aren’t eager for stealth and why.
Me, I’m eager because I want to hide in the woods and name my character Shia Labeouf.

Stealth is kinda already in. You can hide in the dark of the night :3
And theres stealth cbm and cloak.

Yes but no true stealth mechanics yet. From what I’ve heard (and assumed) they are going to add them at some point. Maybe build 0.C could have its biggest addition be stealth.

pls stealthy critters /gets jumped by stealthy big cat

I think i speak for everyone when i say we really want stealth shocker hulks.

love how no one addressed that Shia LaBeouf reference.
not irritated or anything just find that funny.

Stealth will be in when everything has a height, and you will be able to crouch under stuff. It will be awesome!

Moose are surprisingly stealthy animals for their size.
Are you saying you want ninja moose?
Are you saying you want ninja Zoose?

The ninja bears meme is back, moose version!

[quote=“Nickal, post:6, topic:7994”]love how no one addressed that Shia LaBeouf reference.
not irritated or anything just find that funny.[/quote]
So you’re saying you want to be ~quiet, quiet~?

Someone said ninja…

I have a meme issue today, i’m so sorry. FORGIVE ME!

If 0.C was to introduce stealth, I would bash in the face of anyone who told me to stop playing mid-class. I’m too big of a stealth fan (Thief’s stealth is just amazing, except the 4th one) to not make a stealthy Scoundrel when I’m able to.

niceme.me

I want stealth because it will help my early characters not get torn apart by everything in the first ten seconds of my game.

That difficult early phase has always annoyed me.

that difficult early phase is why i regulary start a new char with even more handicaps.

regardless +1 for more stealth

I just hope we get some semi-realistic stealth, not videogames stealth.
Your best friends are avoiding Line of Sight and staying immobile when they are already looking at you. If you’ve ever tried, you know it’s damn near impossible to sneak by someone even in a dense forest.

sneakign in a forest isnt easy because theres lots of things that may make noises.

your right about the line of sight.

sneaking arround behinde someone isn t all that hard… however theres no behind in cata as of now. everyone has 360° vision-

My main concern with stealth is how game-breaking it will be even early on. In most games that have stealth mechanics it quickly becomes a “Joker” in any combat situation.

A base full of enemies? I sneak by and stab them in the back.
An entire horde homing on me? I sneak by and stab them in the back.
A miniboss? -||-
ANYTHING? -||-

Sneaking should be a “support” skill simply letting you accomplish a small task without attracting attention. A character with 0 stealth should still be able to remain unseen while not moving or moving slowly behind an obstacle, while higher levels should only decrease the likehood of being spotted if our foe gets closer or behind partial cover.

Dishonored, I’m looking at you. Strolling into a palace on the highest difficulty and walking next to everyone… But you’re in partial shadow, they can’t see you. Don’t even get me started about stealing (stealing, not snatching/kidnapping) guards. From full rooms.

On a related note, high grass plz. And perhaps occasional 2-3 cars blocking the road sideways, to give us a chance to get to the other side when you can’t wait for nightfall.
BTW, check out Dwarf Fortress’ stealth mechanics. I especialy like how there is no button “begin sneaking” - the game assumes you’re not actively trying to catch attention as long as you don’t run up to someone and smack him in the face. You slow down and sometimes go prone instead of “press to vanish in the night”

[quote=“Valpo, post:18, topic:7994”]sneakign in a forest isnt easy because theres lots of things that may make noises.

your right about the line of sight.

sneaking arround behinde someone isn t all that hard… however theres no behind in cata as of now. everyone has 360° vision-[/quote]
I think its another matter, if you go very slow you can avoid the noisy things. But even in forest, moving when a human looks in your direction is asking for beign noticed, so you are pretty spot on the LOS requirement…